peyote

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by DR. REEFER, Dec 6, 2004.

1. DR. REEFER

DR. REEFER Member

what are the effects of peyote on an individual? ive seen the doors with val kilmer and i remember that scene when there in the desert, that was fucking intense. anyway is it similar to any other hallucinogen? or is it one of those "on its own" kinda drugs with a unique effect?

2. yemforbin

yemforbin Member

read "The Teachings of Don Juan: a Yaqui way of knowledge" by Carlos Castaneda.

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

mescaline is like a mild clean acid. I never had peyote, but purified it was pretty cool.

4. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

remember, of course, that castenada's work is prolly at least 85% fiction...

there's prolly a few writings on peyote (& mescaline) experiences at places like www.druglibrary.org & www.psychedelic-library.org & www.erowid.org etc...

5. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

6. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

yem my mother after telling her that i want to use psychadelics for medication got me to read the book "teachings of don juan" infact i just rented it from my college library today.
    im only on page 27 but jeez its interesting.

7. khronus

khronus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi Dr Reefer, Peyote has differing effects to pure mescaline or even other mescaline containing cacti such as san pedro due to the other alkaloids present within it. Top choice reading anything by Casteneda but dont use the informatin on peyote in casteneda's work as some sort of 'how to' etc. Casteneda is criticised for being fiction, whether its fiction or not its full of awesome teachings, big phat juicy zen! www.erowid.org will be the place you should check for more info.

R

8. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

T Peruvianus, viewed last night, had a heavy body load for my cousin in Canada. Nausea for most of the viewing, jitteriness, some muscle twinges, a slight feeling of shortness of breath (but she was a heavy smoker for years), and various and sundry minor somatic responses, but she said that after she had achieved a proper meditative state, that she felt she was in the presence of the divine, and that made her feel as though she had awakened after a 25 year sleep. She said she recommends the "White Bird" lp by It's a Beautiful Day and Jefferson Airplane's greatest hits as an aid to contemplation. The former in particular is structured like an early Haight-Ashbury experience courtesy of the Bear.