peyote

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by sobebella, Apr 16, 2009.

1. sobebella

sobebella Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

def. start with weed. Do that for a year then move on to a more instense journey. seriously. ive never personally had peyote, but ive done other psychedelics.

3. Codone

Codone Member

Yeah, most people start with weed, but not everyone. Some people find that weed causes paranoia that's worse than that of psychedelics, so it's a toss-up.

My advice would be to do your research--learn about the historical uses of psychedelic cacti, what effects they cause in the user, the pros and cons of use, and the dos and don'ts of tripping. There's far too much information for any one person to provide on a single forum, so it'll take some searching on your part but will be well worth it to avoid a bad experience.

Cacti (San Pedro, anyway) produce fewer bad trips than many other psychedelics like LSD and mushrooms, but everyone is different. Know your source and your dose. If you suffer from any mental illnesses (bi-polar disorder, depression, OCD, etc.) or are under 18 years old, you're more likely to experience bad effects from hallucinogens than a healthy adult. Psychedelic cacti aren't toxic or poisonous, but can produce some nasty side effects like vomiting, stomach cramping, and diarrhea (though they don't in all cases).

For preparation methods, do a quick google search on "San Pedro preparation" or a related term. There are many different methods for reducing nausea, increasing convenience, and other factors. To answer your question, yes, cacti are eaten or the juice is drunk. Smoking and other methods of ingestion don't work.

In my opinion, cacti are good for first-time trippers because of the low incidence of bad trips compared to things like DMT, salvia, or LSD. Cacti can produce some life-altering, profound spiritual/emotional revelations that can be frightening to a mentally unstable person, so don't underestimate their power.

To answer your last question, I've done San Pedro cactus once and it was pretty enjoyable. The trip lasted 12 hours and was neither too weak nor too strong for my tastes. I experienced mild visual changes (brighter colors, moving pictures, crisper vision), enhanced sensory perception (5 senses more "sensitive"), mild rushes of euphoria, and an alternating sedation/stimulation. It wasn't "fun" in the usual sense, but I feel like I gained a lot from it and would definitely do it again.

Please do your research before trying cacti or any drug for that matter. Here are some great websites where you can read first-hand experiences, health info, and other important stuff:

www.erowid.org
    www.drugs-forum.com
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Pedro_cactus
    www.shroomery.org
    www.peyote.com

One last thing: you're smart to ask before jumping into the world of drugs. My advice is to stick to natural, nonaddictive drugs like marijuana, cacti, mushrooms, and other plant-based substances. Stay away from heroin, meth, coke, crack, and prescription opiates at all costs. All drugs are NOT created equal.

4. sobebella

sobebella Member

i know some history of peyote, my neibor was who i heard it from, he invited me and my family to a peyote ceromony, but my mom said HELL no lol, but yeah, i know some about it, and thanx for all the info and websights ima check those out now ^.^

5. sobebella

sobebella Member

and yeah, i aint tuchin crack and that crap with a 10 foot pole lol, dont need to tell me twice about those :p

6. sobebella

sobebella Member

a main thing i want is to do some like before i go to sleep, and have some self exploritive dreams, i think thated be pretty cool. the reason i wana try these is cuz i think they would realy help understand your self and stuff, atleast from what iv heard of peyote from my neibor

7. Smitty25

Smitty25 Senior Member

Think you'd have a hard time sleeping when the mescaline kicks in, but that's just me.

8. sobebella

sobebella Member

how fast it kick in, and do you think ited be safe to take sleeping pills with it an they wont mess up the effects?

9. does2

does2 Member

Just wait an hour or so, and don't take the pills. Don't taint the nature's spirit, let him/her talk to you without inhibitions. :)

Happy Trails!

10. sobebella

sobebella Member

well, still lookin, havnt found any yet :/

11. Smitty25

Smitty25 Senior Member

Yea, definitely do NOT take pills on mesc.
    I'd actually prefer being awake for it.
    Takes roughly an hour to kick in (longer for me, damn slow metabolism).

12. sobebella

sobebella Member

k no pills, got it :p