Peyote vs. Shrooms/Acid

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by inthydreams911, Aug 26, 2007.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

:)

:(

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Yeah ok, they probably process it faster. I'm not an expert and I'm too blitzed to google it and sift through info right now :p
    I can be assed however googling pigeon gourmet!
    http://www.gourmetfoodsource.net/how-to-cook-pigeon.htm
    Sounds and looks tasty! :2thumbsup:

I've hit birds in cars as well, never in a plane - but I bet that was fairly funny at the same time as being a bit of a bummer.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

^^wow...you really CAN eat pigeon

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You seem to be implying that we don't miss a change, even a "lightspeed" one.

This is highly untrue.

The human eye generally can't see much higher than 60fps. 59 or 60 as a frame rate on a computer make it possible, SOMETIMES, to see the screen refreshing. 120 makes it utterly physically impossible.

There's a lot more than 60 photons per second.

While it may not directly relate to refresh rate, or have anything to do with cars/birds, it's a lot more true than your explanation. And it's very very likely that birds DO see and react faster than humans, for doing things like catching insects or other prey, and defense. Birds do pretty well for themselves, considering cars have only been around for about a hundred years, in any menacing form.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:confused: I'm not implying any such thing. I'm just saying that in terms of "seeing" everything "see's" at the same rate, which is dictated by how fast the photons are entering the pupil and impacting on the back of the eye.

You do understand what visual acuity is, don't you? It is the ability too perceive more detail or movement and is directly related to the amount of the brain and nervous system devoted to sight.
    Many animals have a much higher visual acuity than humans, take hawks for example, they can pick out movement from a long distance when hunting. But that does not mean they are seeing "faster" just that their visual cortex and the percentage of brain devoted to sight is greater than humans. It has a lot more to do with processing power rather than how fast info is being perceived.
    In the same manner dogs have an enormous percentage of brain matter devoted to the sense of smell, that is why they are able to pick up scents that humans could never detect, but it doesn't mean they smell "faster".
    Everything sees at the same "frame rate", it is the processing of that info that makes the difference.

6. porkstock41

^^^seems to be a matter of semantics

it doesn't matter if photons hit your retina if your brain can't process it

7. durden

durden Guest

Ive only done mescaline and shrooms. I did shrooms when i was younger and didnt eat much so i didnt get the effect i should have had. But i did mescaline a couple weeks ago and that was absolutely amazing!

When the mescaline started to hit me i was on my computer and i looked at the bar at the top and the symbols were kind of changing. (really wigged me out) But then i started looking around and the walls were like outlined in a neon greenish color. Eventually i wandered outside to sit down and smoke a joint. As i was smoking i was looking around and this tree was absolutely beautiful. It was really bright and just magnificent. The leaves were really cool though. They were what seemed like eyes to me. After i got done checking out the tree i started staring at the brick wall. I must have sat there and stared for a good 45 minutes. The wall was kind of moving and some of the bricks were brighter than the others and idk it was just really awesome. It started getting cold so i went to my room and put on "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."I got all under my blankets fully clothed and it was the most comforting feeling in the world. It felt so good to lay in my bed. Thats how i spent the rest of my trip just sitting curled up under my blankets.

But i hope to be able to add how acid differed from that trip after this weekend. Going to pick up a few hits Friday.

8. porkstock41

i had this visual on 2ce. each brick seemed to be moving in and out, at a different rate. they appeared as slightly different colors, and it would start to look like i could walk through the gaps or something. i was really cool

9. Darillus

Darillus Guest

to tell u the truth acid and mushys are very similAR I Have not tried Cactus but still
    oh my time flies?

10. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

Acid makes you all woooo. Mushrooms make you all waaaaa. San Pedro is all like wuuuuuu.

11. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Quite the opposite for me :p

Trips on either go on for aaaages - which is a good thing... so far...

12. MindOfGorzilla

MindOfGorzilla Guest

for me, probably because the doses i took were always pretty low, mescaline has been a very mellow and super euphoric trip. nothing really headblasting, just a beautiful feeling similar to ecstasy. and i only experienced closed eye visuals on mescaline, but they were suuuper creepy. weeird weird shit.
    ive tripped on mushrooms twice and each time had very intense trips. they were each really spiritual and profound. very dark, but mindshattering shit that put me on a more spiritual path. and acid.. unfortunately havent had the chance to try it yet

13. InfiniteOscillations

InfiniteOscillations Member

I havn't done a high enough dose on mescaline to say visuals are a certain way for those but I'll do my best to describe LSD's and Mushroom's.

LSD: Keiloscopic rainbow imagery. Dancing colors/Dancing figures. Pulsating and breathing objects. Sliding.

Mushrooms: Color splotches on walls. Things getting longer and shorter. Faces scrolling across vision.

So to me LSD has more of a "structured" visual experience, where mushrooms seem to be more stretching and things.

Mushrooms have made my whole vision flash different colors, where LSD has just had colorful patterns with closed eyes. Open eyed there would just be patterns taking on the color of the object they're on. LSD's visuals seems more "realistic" to me.. But then again someone could completely disagree with what I've said. Good luck on checking them all out.

Like some one said in an earlier post. You are going to have to just try them out to know exactly what we mean. It's very, very difficult to describe an experience such as these.

Always make sure you know what you're injesting also and be careful with dosage! Get them from a reliable source also! Good luck and good health!

14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I didn't even know they were fighting.

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yeah, it's a cage match