peyote, or seeds

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by still_human, Nov 5, 2011.

1. still_human

still_human Guest

ive been looking for awhile to find a place to order peyote, or even just the seeds(i know, i know....thats why ive been unsuccesful, so far) here, or TO here, in the US. if anyone can give me any pointers, or helpful nudges, or anything, id be forever indebted to them! id be out hunting, but im nowhere near the south western us, and i hear theyre rediculously hard to find, anyway(although that wouldnt stop me if i had the opportunity!)

2. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

you can find some on a popular auction site mislabeled as other species. You kinda have to know from the pictures what to look for. Seeds are also available on auction sites. many vendors are foreign and will not ship to the US but a few are domestic and ship from within the US. good luck.

Seeds are probably your best bet since they are usually reasonably priced and viability is decent. As far as a live peyote with root, you will probably pay a lot of money for a live plant and in this rapidly cooling weather your chances of it surviving shipping get slimmer.

3. still_human

still_human Guest

are they "mislabeled" on purpose, do you mean? since im not an expert on identifying cacti, most likely id have to resort to hoping subtle nudging would work, but of course if they dont know either, niether will i. thanks...its a relief knowing that ive got a shot, afterall! lol

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Of course not, MISlabeling is obviously always by accident.