Peyote/ Mescaline

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by mr_belvedere, Oct 11, 2004.

1. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Member

I have a Native American friend who says he will hook me up with some yote, he says its like a syrup that he will put in a bottle and then i drink it, this is obvioulsy some extraction of some sort, anyone know whats in it, do you think its just mescaline in a syrup or are the other peyote alkaloids in there. I would rather just do pure mescaline, but either is good. I would ask him but he doesn't know anything about the chemical makeup or anything, im the only white guy he will give it to cause he says im the only one that understands it, the other white guys tak it and get sick and don't have a good time, and he said he knows that i understand it is a sacrament and that mindset is 99% going to determine your trip, which is how i use phycedelics, i use them to meditate and to work out problems between me and myself, but there is always the sweet added bonus of being completley out of your gord of course. I've done Shrooms, and 2c-b, am i ready for a mescaline tripe, i also heard that mescaline and 2c-b have some similarities. does mescaline/peyote have a body load/trip like 2c-b i hope not cause that part sucked after a while when trying to go to sleep. anyone with some answers would be greatly appreciated. thank you. (ps and i know that mescaline itself makes you sick, as wellas some of the oterh alkoloids in peyote) oh and PPS if i got the syrup how would i do an extraction to get it down to as pure as mescaline as one can get without having tons of chemistry experience,(a little) and or equiptment. thanx.

2. Maverik

Maverik Member

The only advantage to pure mescaline is really the taste. Peyo has many active alkaloids, and some which are inactive by themselves. Cactus tastes absolutely awful, but you will be rewarded immensely for your courage in drinking it. :)

3. GD Cat

GD Cat Member

what you are getting is not peyote. From the sound of it it mite me San pedro or peruvian torch. Peyote is eaten as little buttons where as the other two i mentioned are made into a nasty looking syrup.You wont be able to extract the mescaline without extensive chemistry experience.
    have fun, be safe.
    peace.

4. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Member

its definitly not san pedro or peruvian torch, i know its peyote.

5. GD Cat

GD Cat Member

what makes you so sure?

6. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

peyote tea (& even boiled down to peyote syrup) is sometimes used by NAC members... ain't nuthin' wrong with that...

the fresh cactus looks like a pincushion (with a taproot like carrot underground), and the dried cactus tops (the "buttons") are quite distinctive, with little tufts of fuzz rather than spines... (& the live roots will usually begin to gorw fresh top(s) by the next growing season...)

to "purfy": a tea or syrup could be just warmed with a bit of acidulant added (vit C, HCl, sufuric, citric, vinegar, whatever) & filtered hot & reduced in volume & chilled; you might get crude mixed alklaloid crystals if the solution concentration & the rate of cooling are "just right" ...

otherwise (for "goo") - just simmer down until almost tarry, cool down & encapsulate...

or you could do an A/B organic/aqueous phase extraction to get a much purer extract, & even isolate various alkaloidal fractions by "the standard laboratory methods"...

7. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Member

what makes me so sure is that i've seen what he uses to make it its peyote buttons, im not fuckign stupid i can tell the diff between peyote and san pedro or peruvian, .

8. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

:rolleyes: I think you folks may be making things much more complicated than need be. I've been a member of the NAC for over 10 years and I've never come across a "syrup" distilled from peyote. We don't "purify" either, because the sacrement is pure in itself. We don't "boil" it....we simmer it, and reduce it to a strong tea, but we don't add other ingredients .....try to keep things simple and just eat your Medicine folks!!! :H best regards!! Succulent.