Peyote (L. Williamsii)

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Silvine, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Silvine

Silvine Banned

I am curious, I read that a mature peyote cactus is around 12 years old and 5cm in diameter.

But, say I have one peyote that is 5cm-6cm in diameter - is this enough to enter a dream state?

I understand the cactus potency varies from one to another but hypothetically speaking say I had the 'good' amount of mescaline peyote cactus - would one be enough for a dream like trace?

Also - I am curious (because I cultivate peyote to sell online) would a group of younger peyote such as 10 x (4 year olds) be worth attempting an extraction?

I have around 40 peyote cactus ranging from 3cm-4cm in diameter - perhaps I should wait until they have matured, no?

Finally, I also have a Peruvian Torch cactus that is 10cm high - I think it is around 3 years old but grown in poor light conditions hence the small size (before it came in to my possession) so I am wondering what is a good size before attempting an extraction?

I hear like a good 1ft of San Pedro is needed for a mild trip - which I might add I have done - but it was very mild through out apart from a little adrenaline during the peak of the experience.

Finally, I am starting a mushroom patch. I found a source of Copelandia spores and will be purchasing them next month. I intend to get them started in a sterile enviroment but transfer the mycolin (sp?) to a area of wood chips in my garden as recommended by the web site. Think this is a good idea? For example, if they become contaminated, it would be easy to spot the different mushrooms from the copelandia. But could the copelandia grow and look like copelandia - but actually have poisonous parts?

I guess I should ask this in the mushroom forum!

Regards,

Silvine

2. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

One peyote is not enough, 3 or 4 is a good starting point.

3. Silvine

Silvine Banned

Four mature 12 year olds? Wow! That sounds waaay too much. I only want a mild trip - like 1/2 a tab or at most 1 tab of LSD. I do not enjoy being fucked out my mind!

As I mentioned - I hear peyote gives more a dream like trance than LSD - some thing special to peyote and definitely should be experienced. But - its just a question of dosage as usual :)

Is there any one who has actually eaten peyote (I do not intend an extraction) to give a very rough estimate on dosage?

For example, with copelandia mushrooms - I think 0.2-0.4g is enough for me - whereas I hear some people have eaten up to 2g! When I ate 1g it was waaay too much. Reminded me of when I would take a couple tabs of strong LSD. Always a bad anixety trip just waiting to come down.

I will take a look at lycaeum and erowid but check back here in a few days to see if any one has any guide on how much for a mild trip -

Silvine

4. Silvine

Silvine Banned

It states on both sites that 6-10 buttons of peyote around 2.4cm in size is enough for an experience.

How ever, these sites also said 1g of Copelandia is a 'regular' trip and I found that it was far too much.

So, I am thinking may be 2 x 12 year old peyote would be enough for what I want to experience.

It is interesting, because it states 6 x 3 year old peyote is enough for a trip. I did not think there were enough mescaline present at such a young age.

5. 2cesarewild

I've eaten peyote man, I'm not just making shit up here. It sounds like you might have a low tolerance for psyhcs though, i guess just try 2 and see how you feel, up the ante if you wanna trip more. and yes it is a very trance-like state in comparison with lsd.

6. Silvine

Silvine Banned

No worries :) See, I know dosage is difficult because psychotropics effect each of us uniquely.

Now that you mentioned 'trance-like state' this has fuelled my passion to take the peyote ten fold!

I do a lot of spiritual work and have been using mushrooms to enhance the experience. But peyote seems perfect for the work. I do not need to be 'out of my box' on the stuff to do spiritual work - but need a gentle push to help me. This is why I prefer much smaller amounts than recreational users.

Currently, on a side note, I do have around 40 x 3 year to 4 year old peyote and was pleased to read that I can actually use these for the experience.

I do not intend to butcher them either, as I know they are sacred and rare. I will take the tops leaving the roots to form more heads and hopefully they will do this for me.

Also, I am definitely keeping some of my stock aside until they are fully mature - in around 8 years they should be 12 years old.

Also, another side note, I find they are selling Peyote under Lophophora WIlliamsii on Ebay - there are 5cm ones with seed pods / flowers for around £20.

Regards,

Silvine

7. ganja fairy

ganja fairy Member

one peyote is enough. hell, splitting a button between four people is enough.
    it doesnt matter how much you eat, you always eat the right amount.

8. 2cesarewild

Splitting a button between four people? You're crazy lol that's barely catching an altered state. If I am to do peyote I want to get way out there. Owell to each his own some people like to take it easy.

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I always wanted to try peyote :( Sadly it has not come my way yet.