Peyote extraction?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by psychadelic_chick, Sep 13, 2004.

1. psychadelic_chick

psychadelic_chick Member

Hey everyone,
    k heres the problem , I have a peyote cactus, which i purchased from a shop here in australia, they said it is 35-40 years old, it is about 1 foot in diameter.
    Now First i would like to know how do you extract from the peyote and also does anybody know is this roughly right size cause it looks small for something thats suposed to have been growin for 40 yrs?

2. psychadelic_chick

psychadelic_chick Member

i am aware of the religious involvement surrounding the peyote cactus.
    However i didnt know that one the size of mine was considered huge.
    i also have a few little buttons bout 3-4 cm in diameter, i think i will experiment with those instead, thank you for your insight MidnightMoonlight!
    i appreciate it very much.
    If anybody knows how to extract the mescaline from peyote could you please let me know( i am not goin to use the big one now). Any info would be much appreciated.

3. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

heres a tip for you: dont extract mescaline from peyote!

its a waste of peyotes precious and rare cocktail of alkaloids... of which mescaline is only one of about thirty or some others,, all of which contribute to the distinctly unique peyote spirit, of which i dont have experience with but have definately read enough to know that people part of peyote native american churches say that peyote is q2uite different from pure mescaline.

if yu're looking to extract mescaline do it with san pedro. save your peyote to be eaten fresh, or dried.

4. Maverik

Maverik Member

This is true, most of the 'magic' of peyote is lost when you try to extract it. Extractions are MUCH more effective AND much cheaper with San Pedro or Peruvian Torch. If you are looking for the "Peyote experience" you can get the same journey by eating a single button along with your extracted product. :)

5. Neobob187

Neobob187 Member

I'm happy you've decided to leave the 1 foot long plant to live. Hell I've been wanting to try mescaline, but a plant that old has been a long ways. And it's only good karma to let it live to it's fullest. Hell the thing's a treasure, that old.

6. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

5 to 7 of the small buttons is a dose.

If the plant is healthy and in the ground, you may bemove the top of the plant (the main button) without killing the plant itself. It will regenerate, producing smaller and more numerous bottons over time.