Petting the grass

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 13, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

You know how it's almost hypnotic to stroke a pets fur? well I do that with the grass...
    I was lying down outside and just stroking the grass, it felt so great between my fingers:)
    the winter just thawed here, and it's been in the 20's all week, it's so nice to have a lawn :D

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I was confused for a second, but then I remembered you are on the metric system. I do the same thing from time to time... it also feels good to walk through autumn leaves barefoot.. as long as the leaves aren't too hard.

3. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

We_All_Shine_On, you kick ass, keep it up!
    you've got to be the most 'hippy' person on these fora, it's like you just walked out of 1969.
    I would give you some more reputation but it says that I need to pass it around first.

4. PurpleMapleTree

PurpleMapleTree Member

I was outside in the grass today too. it was so nice, and there wasnt a single cloud in the sky as far as i could see! ahhhhhhhh.. i love spring... i love all the seasons!

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

young man looking in shadows that past

wise man lookin in a blade of grass

6. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I have read in many eastern text books that walking barefoot on the grasses gives us life energy charge.I try to do that every day.

7. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

you should try singing to your grass, or playing music for it, or just talking. i like my lawn

8. mother_nature's_son

mother_nature's_son Member

I love watching the grass wave as the wind flows through it. And the whispering sound it makes. Ahh, so beautiful :) It's too bad my lawn gets raped every week by hired gardeners.

9. jiimaan

jiimaan Banned

I find lawns to be abhorant, and praise of their existence shouldn't be tolerated. While we do have grass in our yard, it is accompanied by a number of other species of flora, which are erroneously considered weeds.

10. We_All_Shine_On

I let dandelions grow, I mean, they're only weeds cuz they're groiwng somewhere unwanted, but they're wanted on my lawn, therefore not weeds.

11. mother_nature's_son

mother_nature's_son Member

I was growing 'weeds' in a leftover pot I had, they just appeared there. My weedpot. I watered them, and also poured bongwater and left over tea in there too. They were doing good. But those damn gardeners whacked em. They were in a pot for christ's sake! :shakeshead:

12. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Actually, if you pet a frog between the guys you can hypnotize them. I've done this and it works!

13. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

weeds as in ganja, or weeds as in the stuff that u pull up that grows around everything else?

14. tuesdayafternoon

tuesdayafternoon Member

Im new to this forum and Im glad I came across this thread. I am a turf student at rutgers University, I feel the same way about the grass as you all do. My family doesnt understand my choice of profession though, most are business people and nurses. Its hard knowing that I am looked at a little strangely in my family but I know I shouldnt care because I enjoy what I do. Just remember, if it werent for the different species of grass, soil, and other plants, there would be zero existance of life on our planet earth.

15. We_All_Shine_On

yeah, grass is awesome.. I love it...lol it reminds me of being a little kid out in the baseball field...

16. lyla

lyla Member

I like that.

The other day I was walking around barefoot and I found a patch of mossy grass... it felt so beautiful.