Petrodollar system.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by storch, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

And there it is. In a thread titled "Petrodollar System," Driftrue has opted to not give hER interpretation of it.

Driftrue, if you want to understand how it is that you've remained ignorant because of the narrative put forward by others, let's hear your interpretation of the petrodollar system, and then we'll see whether or not you've been fooled by someone

McFuddy and Driftrue like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

DOES EVERYBODY HAVE THEIR PEN AND PAPER READY FOR NOTES???

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

That made me "LOL".

4. storch

storch banned

In another thread, Balbus said about the petrodollar system: "Look I’d be happy to talk about it (I’ve written a lot about the failures of Bretton Wood) but is this the right thread to do it in . . ."

Well I've started a thread here and invited him in. However, despite his claimed willingness to discuss it, he has opted to not engage in that discussion.

5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Seems like you could have just sent him a private message and saved the rest of us having to read your cringey back and forth.

Balbus and Okiefreak like this.
  6. storch

storch banned

I'm sorry, I was unaware that I had the power to force you to read anything. You really don't have to, you know. However, that's beside the point. This is an internet forum, and you really don't have any say as to who can create a thread. All you can really do is stay away from threads that make you cringe. That's what I'd do.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Well, now that you are aware of your power, I hope that you will be more considerate about how you use it.

wilsjane, Balbus, Okiefreak and 2 others like this.
  8. storch

storch banned

I always give trolls the appropriate consideration.

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Storch

LOL what you quote was actually a question, to cut it the way you have seems disingenuous at best anyway here is the sentence as posted -

Look I’d be happy to talk about it (I’ve written a lot about the failures of Bretton Wood) but is this the right thread to do it in and I’m unsure why petrodollars are seemingly of such great significance to you and your theories about the ‘soap opera’ can you explain?

There are other questions in that same post -

Why do you think the ‘petrodollar system’ is connected to the ‘producers of the soap opera’?

You do seem to think there are secret, behind the scenes, people controlling things – can you tell me who these ‘producers of the soap opera’ are?

I’ve already engaged

I mean I don’t give a fuck about petrodollars but you do, and you seem to see them in connection to behind the scene forces which did intrigue me so I’ve asked you for explanations and given you questions – the polite thing for you to do is to explain and answer the questions.

That is how discussion take place – someone (A) brings up a subject – someone (B) asks then to explain or asks questions – (A) gives explanations and answers the questions – (B) and possibly (C)(D)and others ask other questions and give their opinions of the explanations and so on.

But you don’t seem interested in having a reasonable discussion you just seem to want to sneer, whine and bitch.

As I say I don’t give a fuck about petrodollars - you do - why is that - and in what way is it connected to the ‘producers of the soap opera‘?

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The topic is worthy. The thread (so far) utterly disappointing. Partly because some folks (take note ;)) insist on getting a peculiar explanation or else no convo (apparently).

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Asmo

Is it?

It’s not something I know much about or am that much interested in I’ve done some googling but that’s about it (too busy building my bunker and hoarding food for the coming Brexit apocalypse).

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Well, you can kill two apocalypses with the same stone. You're doing exactly what you need to do to prepare for the imminent collapse of industrial civilization which is about to happen with the collapse of the petrodollar system or the return of Christ, which ever comes first.(for the latter contingency, see John Price's End of America, not to be confused with Porter Stansberry's infomercial of the same title which deals with the financial-economic crisis. That and subscribe to the investment guru Porter Stansberry's research newsletters or read Ron Paul's The End the Fed. Stansberry, who had to pay $1.5 billion for false securities statements back in 2002, now has Ron Paul, guru of the tinfoil hat faction of the libertarian party, shilling for him. Stansberry published a 2011 infomercial entitled End of America which received mixed reviews but brought him new investors. Paul warns that the U.S. is about to meet a “sudden, cataclysmic end”, and compared the United States in 2018 to the final days of the Roman Empire. Of course, the collapse of the petrodollar system and meltdown of our money will come into play, and of course we need to get rid of the Fed before it's too late. (see Paul's End the Fed). At least we won't have to worry about climate change, since the economic apocalypse will get us first.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  13. Asmodean

Hawkwind sung about it (in Hassan I Sahba). Its got to be :-D

14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Storch.

Come on man by now you should know how arguments work here.

Those on the left are going to be superior in these arguments. They are smarter. Have better critical thinking skills. Know how to argue better than any opposing view. Will discredit any source you use that may come from, be associated with or have some connection to a philosophy that is right leaning. No matter what source you use will be brushed off as some crazy hack source that can't be trusted. Or a paid by the right wing terrorist group to publish questionable data. Anything that is right leaning is suspect and likely a terrorist in disguise. Remember Storch, the right wing white male Christian is the biggest terror threat we have in America. Thats to discredit you right from the start of the process. If you are one of them, you're pretty much toast in an argument to them, since there is a preconceived fact that you are a loser by the very definition of what you are already to them. I haven't watched Fox news in probably the last decade. Yet I have brought up probably a dozen things that the come back as, Oh you just parrot what Fox news says. Never taking into account that Fox news may actually be reporting things that actual portions of society think. Much like their beloved CNN does. I have no idea what Fox news states on a daily basis. But I do know what I hear in the real world on a daily basis. If Fox News also states that , that somehow becomes an unreliable source to use for information.

So essentially they will disarm any source of info you provide as un-reliable or not to the standard they want it to be to be considered credible. Unless it is a left leaning source. In which case its totally reliable and lacks nothing in credibility. And they already have you labelled as the problem person in America before the argument even starts.

Then you must engage them in philosophical "what ifs". They love the What Ifs. What if we did A, B, C, D E and F then we could impeach Trump, or have a Green Country with clean air and rainbows and nobody would need guns.

The only way to win an argument with them is to vote. You are already a whipping board in any argument because nothing you present will matter. They can't find any logic to understand why Trump still has the same level of support that he does after all that that bastard has been found to be. They ignore any logic that addresses why not only the American voters hate the left enough to get Trump elected, foreign countries hate them enough to also help anyone but them get elected.

They will blow it off as un-relaible news when the new star of the show AOC is investigated for campaign finance fraud. Similar to things Trump is being accused of. That will be a right wing nut job conspiracy source of info. Like they expect that CNN would tell us about it because well they are the trusted news source for all things left. Storch you need to get with the program here. Let them thrill you with their astute awareness of all the facts. Let them go back in time 200 years to prevail us in their overflowing knowledge of history to site something a Democrat did for our country. Then when you point out that Democrats had a totally different party back then, oh well that is a non issue of course. I am reminded of the virtues the Democrats provided the blacks on civil rights in the 60s. Then when you point out that the majority of the Dems were opposed to that Act and it was the majority of Republicans that voted in favor of it and placed pressure on LBJ to pass it, they go mute and the subject is rapidly changed. That doesn't matter damn it, why muddy up the argument, you right wing nutjob assh*(). The act was passed by a Democrat, stop being an assh*()

Sorry all I know about the PetroDollar is it pisses of China and Russia. That's all I need to know about it for now. It is safe to assume that it insures the enrichment of Big Oil. Like there is much we can do to stop that anyway. If it manages to piss off our enemies than its a win for us. I don't think it will collapse anytime soon. Back when America looked out for itself, we implemented a lot of world policy that still influences to this day our interest as a world power. Not easy to undo without causing a major world hurting.

storch likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol

stormountainman likes this.
  16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Thanks. We'll try not to confuse you with facts.

stormountainman likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Did you even take notes?

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I doodled a bit

"Meliai <3 Dutch Historian 4 life "

That sort of thing

19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Aw man. I was hoping to copy yours.