Petition: I need your help in reducing drunk driving

Discussion in 'Protest' started by dreamingh, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dreamingh

dreamingh Guest

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

in the future , nano technology will be able to detect drugs and alcohol from the skin. starting a car with a touch of a finger..

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That will be a welcome advancement in my opinion. I don't care how messed up anyone gets, just stay off the road if you're impaired!

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

5. dreamingh

dreamingh Guest

Did you read the whole proposal? I think, I hear what you are saying, it maybe overly redundant. That's why I'm proposing a study. It won't hurt. There are all kinds of information about drunk driving and alcohol coming from different sources but it's not unified, especially for the 21 y/o. And it often has to compete against popular culture and demands. And not everybody is going to have the same information, there's a snippet here, there. . .

Re government intrusion. That's the current world we live no matter how independent we believe ourselves to be--it's a balancing act, over 2000 years old--we need the government/community/laws. For any law, you have those that can argue against it, and in a world without laws, we wouldn't live in the society we live in today. It's not the best but it's the only one we got.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Haha... right.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

by the time you're 21, you've had "don't drink and drive" pounded into your brain so much that another 2-3 hours of it will be completely irrelevant.

how would it even work? require every single person to take this class before they can renew their license at 21? that would be expensive as hell. and there would be a hell of a lot of non-drinkers forced to sit through the class.

8. dreamingh

dreamingh Guest

"by the time you're 21, you've had "don't drink and drive" pounded into your brain so much that another 2-3 hours of it will be completely irrelevant."

Perhaps. Maybe a study, like the one I'm trying to promote, has already been done. If one hasn't, then I don't think one would hurt. There might be a reduction, or there might not be one. If there is a significant reduction, then I don't see anything wrong with making the class mandatory. All things considered, drunk driving has been reduced but maybe it can be reduced even more.

"how would it even work? require every single person to take this class before they can renew their license at 21? that would be expensive as hell. and there would be a hell of a lot of non-drinkers forced to sit through the class."

The 2-3 hour class would consist of unifying all the fragmented information about alcohol, B.A.C., drunk driving, crime, addiction, health, testimonials, popular culture, the law, etc. Nobody would be forced to take the class. The alcohol industry could make it mandatory for anyone purchasing alcohol, to have an endorsement on their license. If you don't have the endorsement, you can't buy alcohol. Re the expense, I believe in the long run, it will be worth it, in the lives saved.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Dui's are not even a punishable crime til they kill someone.. If you call taking someones license away punishment. raising their insurance .. 48hrs in jail ,, 30 days in jail.. I can do 30days in jail standing on my fucking head. Are you serious??..

10. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

No, people can be incredably stupid=unless they know they risk losing something of real value. I'd take their driving licence off them straight off,couple of weeks for a first offence,month for a second, all the way up to a year. Then if the bastard does kill or maim someone under the influence,with enough 'previous' they'd be charged on attempted manslaughter & jailed. I want my government to protect me & my loved ones. I lost a family member to some drunken twat in a car.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ha! Some idiot gave this post a thumbs down. I hope you get a DWI before you hurt someone else and that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

12. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

Yes 1

no 13

13. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Easy- if they are caught DUI keep the laws like they are. If they are DUI and it causes a wreck, once they are proven to be DUI and to be responsible for the wreck, execute them.
    You're not there to place nice.