Peta Videos

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by WaitingForTheSun, Jun 15, 2004.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

But unless you can prove this objectively, then it remains just a belief..... the same as my belief that it's wrong to kill for food.

I don't believe in banning the meat industry either. Changes such as that can not be forced or legislated. That kind of change needs to happen on a fundamental level. Vegetarians need to convince others of their moral argument if they want change to happen. Perhaps this is why you find some veggies preachy? But if someone has a strong moral conviction, then it's incumbent apon them to put their case forward, surely? I think there's good and bad ways to do this though, and the self-righteous attitude of some veggies and vegans really gets up my nose too. Apart from anything else, they set back the cause that they're meant to advocate. You don't win arguments by alienating people.

No probs, dude. Just remember that just because we have different opinions, it doesn't make us enemies. I may disagree strongly with what you say, but I respect the fact that you're looking at the moral case and trying to discern what is right. As for Didge and Phoenix (Astro), I don't think you'll find much love between them 'n' me.

With regards the PETA thing.... I think the holocaust is a valid, if slightly insensitive, comparison, but I do think it's ridiculous to call you anti-Jewish for opposing this.