Personal websites?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Penny, May 18, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

How about you post the link to your site here, and give us a description of it?
    If you do not have a site, do you plan to build one, or are building one at the moment?

Myself I'm building my site for the 2nd time - I had just finished it 1 month ago when I decided I didn't like it and at the moment I'm building a new one, in English this time! I speak that language just as well as French and I thought it would attract more people if it was in English. Half of my friends don't even speak French anyways! As soon as it's done I'll post the link on the forums.
    It's nothing big, just a personal site where I put stuff about me, my family, my friends, some pics, stuff about the things I am into, some links...

I hope it looks good in the end, it should, I'm working hard on it and I put lots of java!

2. kier

kier I R Baboon

i am thinking of setting up an organisation when i go to university for counceling sorta....

i'll call it TAI (Talk About It) and it will be a few students from as many different backgrounds/ages/etc as possible. not trained or anything, but who are willing to talk/listen to other students, and do little events and help students however possible...it's a bit unclear, but it'd be fun doing it :)

thereby i'd make a little web page if i can on the uni web site so people know how to contact different members of tai, and giving them usefull links to trained proffesionals and helpfull sites

i may make a demo of it over the holl's on geocities, see what the lecturers think :)

3. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Your idea sounds really great! I wish you good luck with it :)

Okay, my site is far from being finished (but since I'm building it pretty fast, it should be in about 3 weeks at the most!), but, I just put the first pages online!
    The main page, and the whole "About Me" section - I might update that section pretty soon but at the moment I don't see anything to change so let's say it's done! I'll start working on the other pages tomorrow. I also might add new pages but for the moment it's enough, I think.

I hope it all works fine! Tell me what you think here or sign my GuestBook (or both :) ) - and if you have any suggestion to make it better please let me know.

Laety's Webpage

4. migle

migle Senior Member

Your web is amazing Penny, i like all the colours very much, and the mouse effects are very original.
    But the rest of the options (links) don't work for me, I can't get into any of the sub-webs or in the guest-book. Is it not done yet or is it an error with my browser?

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thanks for your compliments on my site! :) Well, it's really strange that the links don't work for you, because they seem to work for anyone else!! But, like I said before, the only page that's available for now is "About Me" - and all the links there with pics. I'm still working on the other pages...

But about the GuestBook, I don't know... it's strange, I'm gonna go check if there is a mistake and fix it - will be back with news!

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Just checked the guest book - it seems to work fine, the link is valid! I don't understand why it doesn't work with you... does it work for other people?

Anyways here is the direct link to it: Laety's GuestBook Please tell me if it works. If it does work for most people then it's a browser problem, if it only works for me, then it's my problem and I have to fix it... I hope I won't have to, though...

7. migle

migle Senior Member

At least I could see it. It was Opera's problem, because Opera's (my favourite browser) doesn't get on very well with some java's, I've to update it. When I opened your web with IE I had no probs.
    Your web is very nice, I like it very much, continue that way, you're doing a great work.

8. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Aww thank you! :) I just saw your entry on my GuestBook and it made me very happy! I wish more people would check it out though (YOU HEARD ME GUYS? lol - I'm kiiiiiiiiiidding :p )

I just added a new page - something that was easy and fast to build, the Yahoo! Messenger thing - it's really nothing, it's just send me IM's when I'm online and there's also a link to download the all new version that I loooove! :)

Right now I'm gonna work on more stuff - everytime there something new I'll let you know here!

9. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

10. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

I actually have a website

http://www.glassonion.de.vu

but I haven't done anything there for almost a year, so I'm working on a new, different one. [​IMG]

11. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thanks for the link! :) I remember I visited your site a while ago and I think I also told you that I loved it...? Or maybe I didn't, but, I do anyways :)

12. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

hello! my personal website is www.freewebs.com/luchi

its called luchi and the chickabeans and is errrrmm, a tad random, but very colourful...it contains some rubbishy poetry :p sum photos, stories, adventures...ahhh...just go have a looky!

love luchi x

13. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thanks for the link - just visited: cool site! :D

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I just added 2 pages to my site: "IncrediMail" and "Counter Culture" - BUT the links on that page aren't active yet, there's gonna be a page on John Lennon and a page full of cool links but I haven't had the time to do that yet, so you'll have a wait a little while... maybe it'll be ready tomorrow or the day after if I hurry! :)

You can go see if you want... I hope you like it, I'm a bit scared because I'm scared you think it's bad, I admit... would make me really ashamed cause I worked so hard :eek:

15. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

16. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

didge and i have made this website. for the most part its supposed to be humourus, though some may find small sections a bit insulting.

for all the guitar players, i have recently updated the tab page. i made it to be a handy source of popular song tabs and chords.

www.geocities.com/oxygenstartank

oxygen startank was/is the name of our band. look out for us:p

17. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

First of all, thanks for the links guys! :) I will go check your sites tomorrow, cause tonight I'm really exhausted and wouldn't enjoy them as much, but:

I have news about my site, I just updated it! I said I would let you know everytime, so, I put up the John Lennon page in the Counter Culture section, and I added a news table on the first page (to keep you all informed about what going with the site :) ) Well, hope you like it, I'm working hard on it to make it look great! And I need to be reassured cause I'm not too happy with it, actually (I'm hardly ever happy with my work, I'm too perfectionist I guess! :( )

18. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Updated my site again! The Counter Culture section is now completely done :)
    Next page I'll work on will be the Music one!

Laety's Webpage

19. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

20. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

A few years ago, I started developing a website dedicated to everything concerning Slovenia. There weren't many sites with that kind of information at the time, but as I made progress, more and more sites with different angles popped up and by the time I was almost ready to put it online, my site had become superfluous. So I scrapped it alltogether. More recently, I ran a journal where I mainly wrote about my/my party's political work in the municipality, but I took that one offline in the end of last year, due to lack of time and energy.

I'm hoping to have my new site up some time this summer. It'll be some kind of weblog or journal or whatever I should call it, but it'll probably be in Swedish this time. The reason for this is that I always speak English at home and I have noticed that this is having a negative effect on my formal Swedish. I might end up with two separate pages though, if I'll have the energy to maintain them both. And oh, my old photo gallery is being reconstructed, but I'll post the url once everything is up, in case somebody would be interested.

peace,
    -Pat