personal hygene products

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by TreePhiend, May 21, 2004.

1. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Yeah, I was wondering what companies you all support who don't test on animals. I'm pretty sure my Tom's of Maine toothpaste, floss, and deoderant are not tested on animals, but I'm not too sure of my shaving gel and my shampoo. So, what brands do you all use?

2. mmmnuggets

mmmnuggets Member

i use dr bronners soap its the best stuff ever and i use toms toothpaste i dont shave so im clueless about gels and stuff

3. shutterfly

shutterfly Member

Beauty Without Cruelty is a great company that not only doesn't test on animals but also doesn't use any new ingredients developed after September 27 1976. That's their 'fixed cut off date'. In that year they decided to reject all ingredients developed after this date as it is estimated that 80% of all animal testing is performed for the marketing of new ingredients. Jason is also a really good company that makes quality stuff. These are my faves.

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

There's a whole other thread about this.

Check out www.allforanimals.com It has a full lists of the good guys (and the bad ones too) :)

I use stuff from The body shop, Lush and Original source

TTFN

Sage