Personal development.

Discussion in 'Personal Development' started by Bilby, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

2003 was the year I cleaned up my diet. I stopped consuming soy milk, switched from margarine to butter, from "vegetable" oil to dripping and put more salt on my food. It was the year I quit smoking. I did have an attack of Menieres and was in bed for several days. The doctor noticed my blood pressure was too low and suggested consume more salt. Since then I have only had mild attacks that have not lasted more than one night.
    Having discovered Nexus magazine, the website led me to the Weston.A Price website. Everything there made perfect sense. I always had some interest in nutrition but was always a tad confused.
    EDIT. I have a more detailed account of the above in my blog.
    I attended Confest over the new year. Confest is the down-under equivalent of Burning Man or Glastonbury Festival. It recharged my batteries. Afterwards googled hippy festivals and came across hipforums.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    mysticblu21, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  2. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I had a few psychotic episodes a number of years ago, I find through having such an extreme experience it's really helped to re-set my sensibilities and basically I find I don't get pissed off anywhere nearly as easily as I used to, plus I've become pretty comfortable talking about my mental health issues with which I find to very liberating and edifying.

Now, with regards life goals, my number 1 goal right now is to get my anxiety issues under control and then once I've achieved that start looking for part-time work (preferably with animals), I'd also really love to write a novel but I figure initially focussing on short stories first is probably a better way for forward in the short to medium term. I'd also love to be able to bench press 200kgs and squat 250 since I'm a rather keen weightlifter.

mysticblu21, scratcho and Bilby like this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

are you close? that's a lot of weight.

4. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Not really close at all.....I can bench about 165kgs

5. I don't bench weights but good on you to those that do.
    When growing up i looked at all sorts of different things.
    I was in foster care and the foster parents at the time were from the UK.
    Hence why i'm a bit wary of how to act around people who are from there.
    Growing up with them i had to listen to their accents. Foster mother was from Yorkshire and foster father was from Wales.
    They were a church minister and wife.
    So the uniting church had a lot to do with my upbringing.
    This was after my now late natural mother who passed away last year had actually abandoned me and my older sister at the time.

Anyway i got adopted not long after staying with these lovely people who were from the uk.
    I started umpiring footy as in aussie rules footy back in 1994.
    Found out that my foster cousin started umpiring because he found out that i was umpiring.
    He made it to the AFL. I didn't.
    He isn't umpiring now though.

But as for personal development i'm a little bit on the weird side of things.
    Having autism does that.

Yes i get trolled by many people on here who maybe need to pull their own heads in.
    I'm also somebody that listens to many people even though most of them seem to be a little nasty.

everything bagel likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you have a bit of ground to cover, but that's still pretty damn good. there's only about 10 or 15 people in my gym that can do that much, out of like 4000 members.

Adamskiffle likes this.
  7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

My goals in life:
    Staying focused on building my highways of happiness. Snuff out and nip in the bud, any of my life's negativity. Give my extra resources to people so it can add value to their lives.

My life's lessons:
    Don't complain about anything. 100's of millions of people are having a way worse day than me.

My re-evaluations of life:
    Any possession, Any animal, Any person can be taken away from you temporarily or permanently.
    Love and enjoy them to the fullest while you have them.

My +5 years of chronic illness was depression, stress and anxiety. My outlook on life is crystal clear with my goals, my life's lessons and re-evaluations

My monthly life coach sessions and now bi-annual grief counselor sessions, have both given me tailored words of wisdom that continue to stay with me. Especially my life coach. Learning and remembering his spot on coaching, almost feels like I'm cheating and not figuring out life on my own.

Bettering oneself in love, respect and happiness will constitute bettering others to feel the same. I consider those to be the most important things in life.

Orison, MeAgain, Bilby and 1 other person like this.
  8. Iowaboi

Iowaboi Members

Start treatment for prostrate cancer next week and have had lower intestine removed because of chrons.
    Two diseases and cant get medical pot because a have class A cdl and a permit to carry concealed such is life lol

9. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

My goal in life is to die.

How can I achieve this goal less painfully?

Iowaboi likes this.
  10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Good luck!

11. Bilby

12. Bilby

10300761_10152307237669961_6048084103131656782_n.jpg

MeAgain likes this.
  13. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No way am I giving up #8 - I like my food in large steaming platefuls !!!

14. Bilby

When working at a resort some years ago as a chef, a woman who was a kitchenhand/waitress/cook explained to me that food is a subjective thing. One man's meat is another man's poison. She cited an example that the cooking of another cook was not her thing but other people might like it.
    Since then I have applied her wisdom to other forms of art.

15. Thinking of Cora

Thinking of Cora Members

One of my own life lessons: Be very slow to share your wisdom with anyone. Only share it if you're not forcing it upon the person. You also need to gauge whether to person is ready to listen to you. And often what's good advice for you might not be so relevant to another person.

There's nothing worse then giving away what you consider your greatest treasure, and then seeing that it's not appreciated. If you give someone good advice and witness the person accept it, but then later see that person go on to live their life in a terrible way that contradicts your advice... then that will annoy you. And you'll have no right to be annoyed because it's their life!

All in all; why bother? Keep it to yourself.

Bilby likes this.