Personal development.

Discussion in 'Personal Development' started by Bilby, Feb 23, 2020.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

oh... well of course! :)

I don't remember if your pops had a problem with drinking or gambling, but I can only imagine the suffering you endured. Wishing you the best!

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It wasn't bad--spent most of my time out and about with friends---thanks for the thought. My father was a big shot banker--and cold hearted MF.

soulcompromise likes this.
  3. scratcho

One more little story= One day while he was passed out drunk, I got some lipstick and drew some huge lips on him and gave him a hot foot--(match in sole of shoe-- then lit) It woke him up and the most perfect thing happened at just the right time. A salesman with a little briefcase rang the doorbell and my father answered it!!! The guy didn't say anything--he just started backing up and took off. Recipient of my attention said what the hell's wrong with that guy and then he went in the bathroom. I then heard my name and some choice epithets and took my leave post haste!!

4. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Yeah I liked your story... the historical things like the house being built from bricks from 1906 quake, and life in CA during WW2. Sorry about your parents tho. But I'm sure your grandma was a sweet lady :)

scratcho likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

So much time working on personal development not enough time to post about personal development..

soulcompromise and scratcho like this.
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

When I got out of boarding school and began keeping lots of psychedelics around I found that I was sort of exploring... In that way, I felt like my drug use, though still substance abuse, was in a way contributing something to my psyche.

scratcho likes this.
  7. scratcho

Def agreed, Captain!!

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

anyone who lasts more than a few weeks on hipforums generally has something not quite right about them.

but then, most people anywhere are actually kind of fucked up.

you're older than i thought you were. maybe not by much, but i was thinking 21 tops.

and i agree about starting college too soon. i think everyone should be required to go out into the real world for a couple years before they're allowed to start college. almost nobody that goes straight into college has any real idea what they want to do with their life, and college is probably the worst place to try and figure it out.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I started college before I graduated from high school.
    But only by about a week as the college was on trimester terms instead of semester terms due to the large enrollment.
    I started in the summer trimester and seniors got out of high school a week early so I was off to college, then came back for the high school graduation ceremony.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I waited until I was in my late 20's before going to college.

Did a shytload of acid and dropped out.....

scratcho likes this.
  11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I went back to school when I was 40. Transferred all my previous credits from Boise State and graduated in 2 years. It was something I should have done a lot sooner.

MeAgain likes this.
  12. parua

parua Members

I'm guessing that anyone who thinks about things deeply thinks about themselves deeply too. I'm sure everyone could find a lot of normal things about themselves that they don't realize are normal because others don't admit to, or are unaware of, those same things in themselves.

Meliai likes this.
  13. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Do I come across as annoyingly immature or something? My mother thinks I'm totally immature but everyone else in my life thinks I'm so grown up

14. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Oh really. But you have more than enough time to post on the butt thread. :p

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

no, i'm annoyingly immature and i thought we were on the same level.

really, it's just how you've talked about school. i always took you to be a traditional student in your second or third year of college, so it would translate to about that age.

Bilby likes this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is true. I'm sure everyone is at least a little fucked up in their own little way

parua likes this.
  17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So let me get this straight.... It's normal to be fucked up?

parua likes this.
  18. parua

parua Members

Yes! And it's hip to be square!

Meliai likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Its gotta be, right?
    Because even with the seemingly normal, well adjusted people, it's sort of like...what's wrong with you that you've gotten through life unscathed? Either they're repressing stuff or they're sociopaths
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. deleted

deleted Visitor

All work and no butts, drives squirrel nuts..