Perry Como's Peanut Butter

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Spagelo, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Spagelo

Spagelo Members

I had a dream where I walked into a store - one the size of a Costco (in fact it looked exactly like it) - and it was stocked with the same size jars of peanut butter, millions of them, all with pictures of Perry Fuckin' Como. I dunno why it was Perry Como... The jar labels looked like this, except they had "Perry Como's Peanut Butter" where the album title should be. Anyways, I was actually listening to his X-mas songs last night (in August, yes, I know), but I've never experienced anything like THIS. I walked around, got lost, couldn't get out, woke up.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I may change one of my many screen names to "Perry Como's Peanut Butter", it's a keeper!

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Okay...

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's some kinds of salad dressing and some other things, that have some celebrity's name and picture on them. i suppose the person in question may have actually had some investment in the company or something. still seems pretty silly. no reason the heirs of perry como mightn't license the name for product identity in some parallel universe or something. which essentially parallel universe possibilities are quite common, even prevalent in my own dreams.

i don't attach any particular significance to this, other then either confirming the probability of quantum parallel universes, or alternately, at the very least, some kind of psychic internet on which they are emulated.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My wife and I actually went on a pilgrimage to Como's Cannonsburg, PA hometown to see the singing Perry Como statue.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/6842

Cannonsburg is also the hometown of Bobby Vinton and Kurt Engle the Olympic and WWE wrestler.

Saris candy is down the street, didn't see any peanut butter though.

6. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

i had a day dream exactly like each one of those
    Trippy

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my mom used to watch perry como on tv back in the 50s. newmans the guy with the salad dressing. well if there can be a newman's salad dressing, there's no reason there couldn't be a perry como's peanut butter in some random parallel universe. don't see where there's be any big deal about it if there was.

i did have a dream with peanut butter in it, a really wierd one. no idea what brand i had. it was the last edible thing in the house after the power had been off and not come back on for a while.
    in the dream i was woken by the screetch of tearing metal. i was living an apartment building that was next to a street that was on the side of kind of a hill.

i went downstairs to see what it was all about. everybody was kind of hungry, because there hadn't been any deliveries to the stores for a couple of weeks either. anyway, when i got outside, people were down on their knees scraping this grey gelatinous stuff off the street with butter knives. they showed my how to do it. you had to go not too deep, because the layer wasn't very think, and if you went to deep, you'd get the rubber from car tires, there was a layer of that below it. and that would taste awful and not be nourishing. anyway, you could make sandwiches with peanut butter and this grey stuff. oh it was slippery too, so besides not wanting to mess it up, so you could eat it, being slippery was another reason for not wanting to step on it to try and cross the street. so we were all like on our knees to scrape it up.

all the cars were gone. in this dream i had actually owned one. but this morning when that happened, all the cars had slid down to the base of the hill, and were all rusted and mangled together.
    anyway, someone told me the grey stuff was human brains, so we were all eating peanut butter and human brain sandwiches.