Permit or No Permit-A Poll

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by hippiestead, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

Save a tree......omit the permit!!!

2. veiled1

veiled1 Member

Its in Florida right?? What were you expecting ??? Its FLORIDA !!!

3. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

I've never been to a Rainbow Gathering. I'd have to look at the fine print on the permit and see what it is I'm agreeing to. I would try to have a cooperative attitude with authorities who are just doing their job, but sometimes cops just have to act like cops.
    Like the time I was camped on the lake shore at Lake Minnewanka, Banff Park, Alberta, with my tent on the sand. A park pig motored up in a catamaran and told me to move my tent on to one of the gravel pads provided. Like the park would be damaged if my tent was on sand 100 feet away.

On the other hand, park cops can be a plus at times, like when ignorant campers next door have their boom boxes turned up. Don't they realize that they're forcing all their neighboring campers to listen to their stinking rock music?

4. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

Say Israel family guy: If Gaza Palestinians aren't allowed to leave Gaza, should Israelis be allowed to leave Israel?

5. Etherwind27

Etherwind27 Member

The only permit I need is the U.S. constitution!

6. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

INTERNAL CONTRADICTION! Since the courts have ruled that 36CFR251-261 does not interfere with rights granted by amendment I, and as the Federal courts are empowered by Article III, if you support the Constitution, you must support their decisions, and, therefore, 36CFR251-261.

7. Rant

Rant Member

it worked out very well actually.....people did the exact same things they always do at the gathering, and the cops played a diminished role. (although making big shows of an entrance and exit a few times, and stealing a few dogs) I say sign no permit, but if the LEO's are reasonable and willing to make concessions, then there is no reason for us to be the assholes.....(theyre going to come check up on us one way or the other)

8. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

I don't agree with permits the way they are now,, making one person responsible for many. But I do agree with HHB about A-Camp. well put hillbilly

9. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

Attention all inmates. Lights on in five minutes. Mop men to the hallways. Kitchen workers to the kitchen. Line up for the count.

10. sonoran sam

sonoran sam Member

it doesn't matter to me as i have always believed in rule by consensus and obviously no consensus over signing a permit has ever come about...thus any permit signed is a bogus document. even the forest service knows about rainbow's consensus rule and has written about it so they too know any one person signing a document means nothing as far as the gathering as a whole...

11. stephenburwick

stephenburwick Banned

i've said this before, and i'll say this again...

if they own the gun, we have to control the ammunition.

it's their game. beat them at it or be beaten. if it means someone has to sign something, then sign it with a fake name and move on. why put everything in jeopardy for one little detail. if they want, and you all know this, they can get away with coming in and shooting us all in our sleep. we gotta beat them or lose, and sometimes, to win, you ACTUALLY have to play.

yes, in a perfect world, we wouldn't have to have a permit. go set up a tent on the white house lawn and see what happens. if you make it over the fence.

we have to fight oppression, i agree, but should we sacrifice our ability to get together for the fact that one person couldn't sign a fake name on paper? fuck, if it's down to that, help me get to every place they make us sign and i'll put my real name on it. i'm not afraid to use it.

*winkwink*

12. unionjack67

unionjack67 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Seriously! What real rainbow goes to the Florida gathering anymore? It has turned into runaways, drunks, drug dealers, and a bunch of other things that the true rainbow movement is nothing about.

I would NEVER take my child to a Florida (Ocala) regional. Way to dangerous... and that is even before we talk about the bullies with badges and guns.