period pains

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Saje, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Saje

Saje Member

I've been off of the pill for a month. Couldn't afford to buy it last month and, no, there aren't any free clinics here. Small town and all.

Anyway, I just got my first period off of it in a year and, wow, what a difference the pill makes. This period has exhausted me. It's heavier and much more uncomfortable. I slept for 12 hours last night and had to force myself to get up and do some work. I could have slept right through the day.

I'm sure part of it is that I haven't been eating well too. But, I haven't been eating THAT badly.

Does anyone else notice a difference?

saje

2. Disarm

Disarm Member

If I go off the pill I'm crippled with period pain regardless of where I'm at in my cycle, if things haven't changed since last year. After your story I'm more unwilling to try lol

3. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

shit, if it helps that much maybe i should go on it - work was hell today, it's just gross - and all male supervisors just dont get it :)

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Whenever I have stopped hormonal BC, whether it was the Pill or Depo Provera, the period that followed was pretty awful.

Take a day off and rest, Moonbeam.

5. Saje

Saje Member

I've known people who do go on it just for that reason. For some people it can make a huge difference.

That's not why I take it but I do notice a big difference once I go off it.

6. Disarm

Disarm Member

your body's gotta readjust remember..