Pepper Spray Cop Wants Workers Comp Now

Discussion in 'Occupy Movement' started by skip, Nov 19, 2011.

1. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

It was an unjustifiyed police procedure..This even made the news website up here.
    Just my own opinion but standard procedure is often used to justify an action that there was no justifyable reason for doing. An excuse to hide behind.

2. papa wolf

papa wolf Member

This nonsense must stop and not be tolerated, from the people who are sworn to protect and serve . This "officer" should not only be fired , but should be facing criminal assault charges .

The good thing that will come out of this , is that this unjust action and all the others like it will galvanize and infuriate people on the sidelines to join this movement . The students handled this beautifully , and the police and their renegade assholes like this clown are their own worst enemy .

This action was assault , and the people should demand it be treated as such .

3. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Two officers plus the police chief have been suspended pending investigation.

RALLY Monday 21. Nov on the Quad at noon.

An e-mail has been sent out to the local groups, to the effect that everyone is empowered to remind rally attendees, including those from out of town, that this is a non-violent event.
    The non-violence of the protesters has been a hopeful sign that we don't want to lose.

The agreement of the local activists includes: We Will Damage No Property

Those who don't feel that they can join in that agreement are asked to give their support at another time or another place.

Those who can join in that agreement are urged to be there.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That shit is powerful. I can feel her awkwardness.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

UC Davis Pepper Spray Incident, Four Perspectives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4406KJQMc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4406KJQMc

6. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I can't believe the police sprayed that directly into their faces at point blank range. Isn't it meant to be used for people who are being violent? I saw one of the officers in the video on the news pump his arm like he was celebrating it.

7. skip

skip Founder Administrator

UPDATE 11/21: 5,000 Students retake the Quad in protest of pepper spraying!

[​IMG]

8. skip

Anonymous responds to Davis Pepper Spray Incident. They are calling on people to join the General Strike on Nov 28th.

They have released the info of the officer involved in the incident. I have been calling for those who participated in police brutality to be arrested and held responsible for their actions. Therefore, here is his info...

UC Davis Campus Police Lieutenant John Pike

Work phone - 530 752 3989

Work email - japikeiii@ucdavis.edu

Home address - 4005 Cowell Blvd, Apt 616
    Davis, CA 95618-6017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgOLoYxjiM8"]Anonymous - UC Davis Police Brutality - Strike on Nov. 28, 2011 - YouTube

John Pike's Dox: http://pastebin.com/QghPtQLr

Hello citizens of the world, we are Anonymous.

We come to you with an important message regarding the Police State in which you live that shall not go unheard. Since the genesis of the Occupy Wall Street protests, the amounts of bullying by the police and the powers that bee has continued to grow.

It is quite difficult to engage in a peaceful protest when you come bearing arms like we're flies to the swatter. We are here to inform you that it will not be tolerated any longer. As president John F. Kennedy once said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." This is not to say that we will not remain peaceful, so much as you appear to be breeding more violence. You are only putting yourselves to shame.

Last week, UC Davis police Lieutenant, John Pike showered a group of silently seated pupils with pepper spray. There is no excuse. Students pay to attend Universities all around the world, the last thing needed are police using excessive force. You are losing sight of what it means to protect and and to serve.

John Pike, your dox are widely available. You, your team, and your surrounding support shall stop reporting videos such as this to have them removed by YouTube. People of the internet, mirror this video to shove a wedge in their crack, and break it a little bit more.

Today, 5,000 UC Davis students decided to make Monday, November 28 a general strike. No work, no school. Students from all 10 UC campuses are already in support. Spread the word, heed the message. The revolution is of ourselves.

We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.
    Expect us.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've seen death threats against this guy all over the internet. He made a huge mistake and I'm sure he'll pay for it, but I don't really agree with posting his home address when there are people out there that want to see him dead.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

I want to see him dead.. There I said it..

11. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

12. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Going to be a long winter of planning, protesting and gathering strength and focus.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

that doesn't give the occupy movement any credibility...

As long as the movement remains better, more peaceful, more respectful and deserving of respect than its detractors, it will build steam and people will have no choice but to take it seriously.

14. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I love that guy.

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

http://occupywallst.org/article/occupy-uc-davis-calls-nov-28-general-strike-shut-d/

16. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

if he is a public official, then he should have no problem with his information being released to the public. the very reason officers have to identify themselves to anyone who asks is for accountabilty.

do cops know that the WHOLE world is watching them?

they do now.

:afro:

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

18. skip

19. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"Say it, don't spray it."

Occupy UC Davis set up tents again immediatly following that rally.
    They also constructed a 30' diameter geodesic dome.
    As of Wed evening, there are ~50 tents on site.
    A General Assembly is held every day at 11am.

The administration is "re-evaluating its policy regarding camping on campus".
    Porta-potties are being provided by the university.
    Facilities (electricity, etc.), Grounds and Fire Department are cooperating with the Occupiers regarding safety, sanitation and first aid. Trash is being handled by the (long time) student group Operation Compost.

Regarding Lt. Pike,
    The students who were sprayed and their comrades are dedicated to non-violence. They have shown that dedication repeated over the last few years. Their dedication was tested immediately after the pepper spraying and they showed how non-violent resistance can prevail over violence.
    The universal support for the students and the condemnation of the police has been due to their commitment to the practice of non-violence.

I hope those who would honor those victims of police brutality would do so by following their example of making non-violence a priority in all aspects of their lives.

20. Shale

Shale ~

Well I'm glad to find his address. He publicly alienated the world - now it is his problem.

Personally, I feel much better after writing a letter to this pig expressing my contempt of him. He likely will not read it, but still I wrote it and it was cathartic. Gonna mail it out Friday. (Yeah, I inserted the pic in the letter)

John Pike
    4005 Cowell Blvd, Apt 616
    Davis, CA 95618-6017

November 23, 2011

I am writing this letter, which you may or may not read, just to vent my anger at the image of your fat pig self, delightedly spraying students who were passively resisting the edicts of campus authorities with a peaceful, non-threatening demonstration.

[​IMG]

Since the time of Gandhi and Martin Luther King such passive resistance has brought out the most despicable attacks by authorities - but the protesters eventually prevailed, partly because the world was sickened by witnessing the abuse of pigs such as yourself.

You have single handedly bolstered their cause as seen by the massive outpouring of support and additional occupations of the campus this week. Your image has spread around the world on the Internet, reported on television news and published in print media as an icon of shame. You are not the nameless pig among many but the one Lt. John Pike, personally enjoying being the cruel bully, inflicting pain upon demonstrators that were of no threat to you. That act of cowardice was a disgrace to the image of police officers everywhere. And as a retired Marine, you disgrace the image of those soldiers as well.

I know you don't care and have probably convinced yourself that all the decent people who condemn you are wrong, but as a former police officer myself, I want you to know that even your co-workers, whether they tell you or not, are likely sickened by your actions.

Sincerely,

Shale Stone
    (Pig gets my real name and address)