People you've smoked with...

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Gongshaman, May 26, 2013.

1. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

one of my fav days though, I had a pot of shroom tea going to come home to see my roommate still awake, and found she loved them too.. great surprise

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It's true. I was at a Zen Tricksters concert in 1996 and I didn't have any herb. They were playing mostly Dead tunes and everybody was dancing freely and I really really wanted to get high. I noticed my friend David Gans head for the exit door and I decided to follow him. It was dark and I followed him up a hill where he met some folks standing in a circle under a tree. I just kinda crashed the party by saying high to David and joining the circle. I looked around and I couldn't believe it. There was John Barlow and Mountain Girl! I think Steve Silberman was there, too. I had met Mountain Girl earlier that day, so it was cool. I was standing next to Mountain Girl with David on the other side. Barlow reached into his vest and pulled out this huge joint. After lighting it, he passed it to Mountain Girl who then passed it to me! It was one of the coolest moments of my life. The joint went around a few times. And then back to the dance ...

3. tubahead

tubahead Member

I saw David Gans play at Dark Star Jubilee this year. Next time you see him tell him he played a good set. You can't beat the Grateful Dead Hour either.

When I was in Amsterdam I smoked with John Sinclair. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sinclair_(poet)

I had now idea who he was, but I looked him up when I got home. I really wished I had known who he was because there were a lot of things I would have asked him.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I shared a joint with Harry Chapin once..sort of.

My mother and I went to see Harry at a very small venue, can't recall exactly, but there was only about 250-300 people total.
    We had seats in the second row from the stage, maybe 15 feet from where Harry was sitting. His style was tell a story about a song then play the song. Well as he was relating how he came up with the song Taxi, someone threw a couple of joints on the stage. Harry stopped, picked one up, and then said "Thanks, but I brought my own." at which point he reached into his jacket and pulled out a fat joint, lit it, took a couple of hits, passed it to the guitarist who hit and passed in down to the front row. I got it when it was about half gone and took a nice long hit. :D
    That was around '78-'79
    Sad that we lost such a great talent so young. :(