People without their own hobbies

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bella Désordre, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Frieden, I am not guessing again lol.

2. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Good. I was getting sick of replying with a no. :D

3. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

I could be mistaken but that sounded a bit bitter to me.

4. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I don't know man. I know when I am not engaged in hobbies my self-esteem takes a nose dive. I need some self-woprth outside of my husband, home, work etc. i need some self-worth I , alone created.
    If not I start feeling crappy and criticize others who ave hobbies.
    It's the first thing I reccomend to adults I work with when they say they're unhappy or seem to be overly critical with others.
    Sometimes it's hard to have empathy for another's craft when you don't understand what goes into it.

5. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I def need to go sew or paint then ;)
    No, I just feel really bad for the mexicans. Although I do think this financial crisis will solve a lot of our immigration problems.
    I bet it will soon be high school students picking strawberries in teh summer, which I think is a great thing.

6. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

dude, that's totally why i volunteer so much time in my daughter's school. it take a lotta effort, but i don't waste time getting all freaked out, sad and emotional about bizarre ass shit like potential customers trying to get a custom order going not liking my fashion decisions. :rolleyes:

7. Wild Mountain Dave

8. lode

lode Banned

I suppose you can consider what I do a hobby. I consider it much more important than my job...
    I have several other hobbies as well, which I don't have enough time for. I wish I didn't have to sleep.

9. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Hmmm, I've had a lot of customers ask me for customs, but not one of them has phrased it like you. Usually people who want my stuff, don't call my existing stuff 'depressing' KC. It's insulting. Of course you are not going to be insulted because you are the person who said it., thus it's easy for you to say I'm being sensitive.

10. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I broke up with a girlfriend of 3 years partially because she had no hobbies. Her hobby become me, and that was too much to bear.

I have various things I do for enjoyment and a serious hobby: I am a ranked tournament billiards player and I participate regularly in formal competition as well as money/gambling matches.

I could not imagine the poverty of living life without something of the kind.

11. Wild Mountain Dave

gots to have passion for something, I suppose.

12. mamaKCita

i LIKED YOUR EXISTING STUFF! that's why i wanted to order it. jeez. it was that particular little patch of fabrics with the ugly little birds i didn't like. did you or did you not understand that or are you seriously just that wrapped up in yourself?

13. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I didn't know that about you, cool.
    I agree. Some fo these people I work with i just can't get over. I've been away from work for three days and I still keep thinking about this mom and listing her hobby as 'SIMS II' . I don't know if that's how you spell it as I don't play video games (not that there's anything wrong with them in moderation). But sims ii is not a freaking hobby. you are living a fake person's life.
    I need to move. I am so freaking burnt.

14. Wild Mountain Dave

sooo... you didnt like a ceratin fabric and we get all this?? oh my!!

15. mamaKCita

one fabric. i asked for reds/yellow/orange and she presented an option of fabric i found depressing. they reminded me of pimento tea sandwiches at my great aunt mary's. suddenly she's all "geurilla armchair psychologist" and "what would drive people to do that?" uh, well, it COULD be that i was trying to be a customer to a merchant. i had no idea it was a vocation instead of a hobby.

16. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I never had fabrics with birds. Also, it's nto that I'm wrapped up into myself, rather I think it's rude to call someone's stuff depressing. Yes KC, it's going to hurt my feelings when i spend hours a day sewing and picking out fabric. Not because I am wrapped up in myself, but because I've known you for years on here and took it as an insult and then when I told you it hurt my feelings, you tried to put it right back on me instead of acknoledging how it made me feel.

17. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

i don't know about you guys but i like to sugar coat everything i say. always gets maximum results.

18. mamaKCita

because your feelings were whacked the fuck out. go back and read the fucking thread, bella. you reacted to something that didn't happen. there was a link to some ugly ass fabrics and i said i didn't want those because they were depressing. the stuff you already made was beautiful or else i wouldn't have even considered buying any. get over it, seriously.

i've known you for years, too. i suppose i shoulda seen this coming.

19. Wild Mountain Dave

just a spoonful, though.

20. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

:cheers2:

I am confused what counts as a hobby-I mean, hobby is defined as " practiced for interest and enjoyment, rather than financial reward. Examples include collecting, creative and artistic pursuits, making, tinkering, sports and adult education. Engaging in a hobby can lead to acquiring substantial skill, knowledge, and experience. However, personal fulfillment is the aim."

- so who DOESN'T have a hobby of some sort.
    Post here, that's a hobby.
    bake- that's a hobby
    watch tv - hobby.
    play, paint,draw, write, craft,sing,dance,build , swim,walk,chat- could all be a hobby.I guess someone that didn't do ANYTHING would have no hobby.
    OR you could assume that the person saying that people without what THEY consider a hobby to be bitter are just being judgmental....just sayin'

Or... maybe I just need a hobby