People who diss Christianity really piss me off...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by BudToker, May 3, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Um, that's not really a result of your Karma. Lack of awareness isn't the same as intentionally doing wrong. Big difference. You didn't "sow unwholesome seeds" by tripping over a dog.

But attacking another country based on lies, is certainly sowing some very unwholesome seeds that will come back to haunt America for as long as I live...

THAT is KARMA!

Tripping over a dog, while enlightening and consciousness raising, isn't likely to add to your karmic debt, because you got Instant Karma.

Of course if you also happen to break your neck and live the rest of your life paralyzed, it could be the result of previously earned karma, not the fact that you didn't see the dog there.

Ah, but if the dog purposely lay there to trip you up, then he/she will incur the karmic debt, NOT you. He'll probably come back as a rabbit hunted by dogs or some such... ;)

And you'll probably come back as a dog catcher... or perhaps a Chinese chef with the signature dish "Hippie Falling over Dog"...

2. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Actually Skip, Karma is the cause of your actions and Karma-phala is the fruit of those actions. So my example of karma is not paying attention while the fruit or karma-phala is tripping over the dog. I choose that because it is really simple. The example that I learned about karma was about a woman driving. Her karma was getting the gas pedal stuck and the fruit was people getting killed. All the examples I have given are "neutral karma"; in other words, there is no intentionality behind these actions.

I think what you are talking about is karma with intentionality. That is another type of karma, one that will either cause good or bad things, and even higher or lower rebirth. But once again, karma is NOT like sin. Sin is caused by "evil" while karma is not. It just is; either positive, neutral, or negative. Karma is all around us!

Peace and love

3. mandell

mandell Banned

Miss Terain, didn't you once criticize FedUp for spending too much time in this forum?

You despise anyone who doesn't share your views on Christianity and label them as being ignorant, yet by doing so, you yourself is showing a perfect example of your own ignorance.

Is this the kind of brainwashed Christian hypocrisy that you have to offer?
    Please don't embarrasss yourself and all Christians.

Do us all a favor. Please take a shower, take a walk, take a deep breath, relax and stop playing with your North Pole, for awhile. :)

4. hippie_chick666

I had to chuckle at the "north pole" reference. Although in the Fedup's original post, it was obvious he was refering to Santa Claus and not the actual location.

Let me be very clear about my position on Christianity. I have nothing but respect for people who try to emulate Christ's life by loving EVERYONE, no matter what their "sins" might be or what their personal beliefs are. Jesus didn't attract followers by forcing them to believe his teachings. It was his teachings of love and acceptance that won followers. I have nothing but distaste for all other christians who are trapped within their own dogma. Misterrain, where do you fall in?

Peace and love

5. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

You... you mean Christians like that actually exist? And you know them?

I'd like to meet one. Just one. It would restore my faith in humanity.

6. hippie_chick666

I know of at least one. Maybe two. Okay, three. But they are a rare breed...

Peace and love