People who diss Christianity really piss me off...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by BudToker, May 3, 2007.

1. mandell

mandell Banned

So, Hitler must be in Heaven. :jester:

God can't be THAT dumb.
    Please stop. You embarrass yourself and all Christians in general. LOL.

2. misterrain

misterrain Banned

Are you high right now? That's just about the only explanation I can come up with. I don't think I've been using too many big words... have I?

I honestly DON'T KNOW if Hitler is in heaven... that's not my point. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. I've never been to heaven so I don't know.

And if you ask me, it's a lot dumber to think that YOU'RE the one who gets to say who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

3. misterrain

misterrain Banned

Uhhh... I almost hate to point this out, but most people DO believe in the North Pole. It's how they get their compasses to work!

You may not know this, but every time you take out your compass and the needle swings to North, it's because there's this mysterious magnetic point up north(which is actually the Earth's axis) which causes the needle to do that. It is located in the Arctic and they call it The North Pole. It might surprise you to hear it, but some people have even gone on expeditions to the North Pole!!!
    :)

Whether what I believe is true for most people or not, it certainly seems like you have a very limited awareness of the world that you are living in. This could easily change if you were willing to actually listen or even do some research every now and then, but I really don't think it's going to happen!!!

4. mandell

mandell Banned

Eh, which North Pole? To an alien from outer space staring down from his spaceship, YOUR North Pole could actually be his South Pole. LOL.

Miss Terain, you seem to be so agitated in your defense of your religion. If I called you a christian jackass, would that make you feel better? :jester:

5. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I was following you FedUp! Nothing like a little christian mythology to brighten your day!

Peace and love

6. misterrain

misterrain Banned

And I was referring to the fact that there actually IS a North Pole, and that you said there wasn't.

I think it would be evident what you were referring to if I hadn't read all your other posts, but as it is, I really couldn't be sure!

7. misterrain

misterrain Banned

Oh man, that's so deep, man. Wow man, it's like you're blowing my mind man! Did you also know that like maybe to an alien, the whole universe could be like just a bit of dirt under his fingernail???

8. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Now this is the kind of INTERESTING comments I would hope would come from Christians. Because this is an attempt to UNITE us, not divide us!

Karma and forgiveness both acknowledge a human need to learn how to become better people, to EVOLVE.

Yes karma is a working out of what Christians would regard as "sin". But the way it works is that what you do, comes back to you, over and over, until you learn the lesson.

I liked this statement:
    There is a cosmic truth within that sentence, one that Jesus and Buddha understood very well.

Just substitute the word "Love" for "forgive" and it makes even MORE sense.

One must "Love" oneself, which implies forgiving oneself, before one can truly love another person.

All that is implied in "Loving Oneself" is the key to enlightenment.

Essentially we must all forgive ourselves and love ourselves if we are to evolve further.

The ENDLESS GUILT that people live with binds us, limiting our ability to LOVE others. We feel undeserving of LOVE, thus we inhibit ourselves, even hate ourselves.

This is what was unleashed during the Summer of Love. A whole generation decided to LOVE ONE ANOTHER unconditionally. It freed us up (along with the LSD that enabled us to see the TRUTH), and we evolved into the next stage of human evolution.

BTW, the GUILT TRIP that most of us LEARN to accept in our youth, is a relic of Judaism, and the Old Testament. So many activities were labeled taboo, including masturbation, which every teenager soon feels guilty about.

But the idea that Jesus is gonna forgive you, and you can just wipe the decks of your karmic debt is ridiculous. This is the mistake most Christians make, one that just encourages them to go out and sin again, so they can be forgiven again. It's positive reinforcement for bad acts.

9. mandell

mandell Banned

Yeah, I can see that you learned alot of fairy tales from Christianity. :)

10. Hobes

Hobes Member

i will admit to not having much knowledge on the religion. HOWEVER as being kicked out of a friends b-day party for not praying at the table and then the parent told everyone at my school that i was a demon and not to be friends with me or i will eat their souls (no exaggerating) can i say i hate MOST PEOPLE in the religion. if it was TRUE Christianity i would be fine but we get this. John Lennon said it best.

11. mandell

mandell Banned

Now, Miss Terain, quit backtracking now. Earlier you said, Hitler is in heaven.
    Later on, you say, you don't know if Hitler is in heaven.

I think, it's a lot dumber to put your faith in a belief system that doesn't know what's going on...

But then again, you seem like one of those brainwashed Christians, so it figures. [​IMG]

12. misterrain

misterrain Banned

First of all, thanks for being so cool about this!!! I really appreciate it, especially after FedUp and all that!

Anyway, I don't think asking for forgiveness is all that easy... I mean, I don't believe that anyone out there is so completely sure of themselves as to believe that they deserve forgiveness. I mean, people can appear cold and evil, but that doesn't mean there isn't some glimmer, some tiny spark inside that knows that they don't deserve it yet... and if they do it, they do it and know that it's wrong... and in their hearts, they won't be able to forgive themselves. They might tell themselves that they can forgive themselves for anything they do, but some part of them won't be able to. They'll have to carry it around...

But everyone deserves to know that it's possible to find love and acceptance... even the most evil people. Especially them.

I also believe that Jesus is love... but that love comes after forgiveness. You have to feel worthy of love before you can receive it! The whole sense of being lost, of being in spiritual turmoil... I've definitely felt it more than once, and it's hard to pull yourself out of it.

For me, Jesus is like a symbol... he became a man once, but you really can't call him that anymore-- he's something much more powerful now. Every time I feel like things are spiralling out of control, he's like a reminder or an inspiration-- to know that nothing can't be overcome, and that it is always possible to find love, forgiveness, acceptance... it's not always a big thing, maybe just like a little reminder... but someone is definitely watching, and they will help if you need it, or if you want it, or if you ask... and they will always listen, and always understand!!! I honestly don't know why things are like this, but it's what I believe.

13. hippie_chick666

I'm sorry, but why did a debate about christianity result in a discussion whether or not there is a north pole???

Can we please stay on track! Thanks a billion.

Peace and love

14. misterrain

misterrain Banned

I said 'IF he can forgive himself...'... and then, MAYBE.

I never once claimed to know if Hitler was in heaven or not. I don't see how I could know. You were the one who claimed to know for sure that he wasn't.

15. misterrain

misterrain Banned

I was making fun of FedUp because he said that the North Pole wasn't real. There really doesn't need to be a discusssion, because there IS a north pole!!!

And it's better than trying to debate with him, because he just slings insults and doesn't listen.

16. hippie_chick666

Can I say something about Karma? Karma is about cause and effect. It has nothing to do with sin. For example, I am not paying attention and trip on a dog. Karma: not paying attention. Karmaic fruit: tripping over the dog. This is cause and effect. Sow unwholesome seeds (Karma) and a weed will sprout. Sow wholesome seeds (karma) and a flower will bloom. This is Karma.

Peace and love

17. hippie_chick666

You failed at making fun of him and instead made yourself look like an ass.

Peace and love

18. misterrain

misterrain Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_pole

Why are you defending this guy? Because you hate Christians? That's really not such a good reason.

As a general rule, antagonism is extremely unbecoming.

19. hippie_chick666

I was stating my opinion about your actions. THEY are unbecoming for a person who wishes to be respected by others. By the way, I don't hate anyone. Hate their ignorance, spare the person.

Peace and love

20. misterrain

misterrain Banned

You come off as antagonistic by calling me ignorant. I'm not ignorant, just frustrated.