People who diss Christianity really piss me off...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by BudToker, May 3, 2007.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

LOL, you just proved how closed your mind is and how little you know about the natural world you live in. Humans have been around for 10 million years, so yeah READ A BOOK! And not the fictional racist books you tell me to read.

OK, what about em? Give me some examples, facts and figures, percentage populations, military influence. No, don't bother; I'm after the major religions that dictate governments, WARS and Genocides, religions that would rather watch millions die from AIDS than admit that condoms aren't a sin. That's more sexual retardation BTW!

2. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Humans...
    humans have not been around for ten million years.
    Are you for real?

So you've just contradicted your entire point.
    Certain faiths preach sexual retardation, but religion as a whole does not. Some of your criticisms are very true about certain religious beliefs, but not religion as a whole.

Also, we all know it's a secret cabal of jewish bankers that decide when wars and genocides happen. Duh. Your tinfoil hat must not be on tight enough.

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

You're going to need to come up with some facts if anyone's going to take your claims seriously. Here I thought I was saving you from embarrassment and I didn't even comment at all about what you think is kinky.

So go ahead and come up with some facts and numbers that disprove such negative stereotypical religious tendencies so we can all pretend that the Vatican isn't run by a governmentally influential Nazi and the worlds most powerful terrorist organizations such as Hezbollah and the Bush Administration aren't using religious ideologies to drum up millions of war supporting religious zombies.

A guy would have to be a God Dammed moron not to see that God and War go together like bread and butter.

So if I'm so wrong about all of this, set me strait, explain to me how religion is so great. Tell me why all this effort and energy we use on religion wouldn't be better spent on more tangible advancements of the human race? It is so easy to dismiss injustice, physical abuse, environmental abuse… when you think God will take care of it…. Or it's just Gods way…. Or Gods Plan. That is such a selfish, sick “whatever gets you to sleep at night” useless, counterproductive, and downright self destructive way of looking at our world, it makes me sick to think about it all the BILLIONS who live by it.

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Excellent Quote!!

The RELIGIOUS WAR ENGINE at full throttle!!!

5. mandell

mandell Banned

Heil Hitler! Onward Christian soldiers! Kill all the unbelievers.

Now, who are the terrorists in this Iraq war again???

6. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

You've yet to post a fact, so by all means - get the party started anytime.

Again, you're critical of Catholicism. Fair enough, but then specify that your predictable rants are abotu Catholicism - not all religion. Catholicism is hardly a model for all other religions on the planet.

Actually, you'd just have to be a moron to fall for it. Politicans use all sorts of things to rile people up for war: nationalism, fear, and of course religion. There are just as many Americans scared of the ooky spooky evil illegal immigrants because THEY'RE GONNA TAKE OUR JERBS as there are afraid Muslims plan on wiping out Christianity. Take your pick of propganda, but don't presume only one exists just to support your silly argument.

You say all religion is sexually retarded and hateful. The burden of proof is on you. Anyone who has spent more than an hour researching world religions knows your claim is nonsense.
    Yes, SOME religions are what you claim they are. Not all.
    I'm still waiting for you to post anything beyond the standard internet anti-religion vitriol. Give me a subjective listing of every world religion and their written rules on sex. Give me a subjective listing of every world religion and what it preaches about war.
    You can't.
    I'll look forward to your inevitable formless rant about Christians, though, as it will help prove my point.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

WOW, you have the nerve to ask me for proof!? Fedup just posted UNDENIABLE proof of the religious War engine that claimed over 10 MILLION lives in one event!!!

Do you dismiss common knowledge that Christians believe birth control is sinful? Or that Muslims can't even bare the sight of a woman's body in public without turning into animals? Or women in India get acid facials for not submitting to forced marriage?

Religion is synonymous with oppression and denial!! You have the nerve to say SOME !!!! SOME???? SOME countless billions of oppressed lives!!
    You are going to DISMISS the oppression and suffering of Billions and murder of Millions, and the genocides of Millions to save the good name of religion!?? Absolutely ludicrous !!!

It is the majority at the very least not minority as you like to suggest. Look close enough and you will see oppression in nearly 100% of religions, it's not knowledge acquired from biased ignorant books, the evidence is EVERYWHERE, it fits perfectly. Here we are beating a dead horse into the ground and your like “No it's not, it’s alive and flying around with a golden erection”.

I can't believe you are arguing against common fucking knowledge!!!!!

8. mandell

mandell Banned

[​IMG]

Onward Christian soldiers! Killing in the name of Jesus. Oh yeah, and they believe that darn Constitution thingy needs to be re-written too...

9. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

No, he showed us a quote from Hitler, which is undeniable proof that Hitler was a war engine. Also, WW2 did not claim Ten Million lives.

Some Christians do, and some Muslims do. You've listed two beliefs from two religions - you've got a long way to go to prove that every single religion is bad.

Some religions are. Not all. There are quite a few synonymous with chaos, complete freedom, going with the flow, and so forth.

Murder explicitly carried out in the name of religion does not number in the billions or even millions, sadly, and again you're throwing out a blanket statement you can only back up with the actions of a few members of a very few religions.

Again, you're saying a lot - but not backing it up. Provide me a list of each and every religion, and define the practices of it which back up your statement - please cite historical references as well. Until then you remain one of a million internet critics who knows some basic things about a few current, large world religions and thus believes himself an absolute expert on all concepts regarding religion, atheism, and the history of humanity.

When people say this on the internet, it means "I tried to use google to find facts but didn't see any on the first page and got bored". Also, using several dozen exclamation points per paragraph alongside extensive capslock use don't exactly make you look more learned.

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Thank you Grim, for being living proof of the ignorant wall of oppression and denial that is religion. I do not argue with walls or even continue to read their nonsense.

Not even millions he says! He should move to Iran with their 60 million religious fanatics and deny the holocaust even existed.

11. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

When you say something is a fact, you need to prove it. That means you need to prove that if religion never existed, the majority of those murders, deaths, and repressions would not have occured. This is an argument for philosophy, and one neither side can win. Therefore it's not a fact, it's a "fact".

I see you saying anyone with a shred of knowledge can tell me that, but I suppose it would take someone with more than a shred to prove it. Yes, theology played a role in Hitler's actions. Prove to me the Holocaust wouldn't have happened if Hitler had no theological beliefs. You can't.

Pot, kettle calling.

12. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Thank you for conceding, and thank you for doing so with as little grace and maturity as possible.

Protip: I certainly did not deny the Holocaust. I denied the number you pulled out of thin air.

As my debate partner has succumbed to the terrible ills of not having a leg to stand on, I am done here. I've yet to see a statistic, fact, or even relevant quote from anyone promoting the "All religion is utterly evil and is thus responsible for all evil" bench. I've yet to see anyone make a reasonable attempt to explain why the thousands of religions other than Christianity are so evil as well - even when those religions preach exactly what the 'religions are evil!' crowd seems to want to see in the world. Hell, I've yet to see my debate partner(s) do anything but repeat the same rhetoric again and again. Think of this as a trial, gentlemen. I'm the defense attorney for all the religions in the world, and you are the prosecutors. You accuse my client of many grievous things. The burden of proof, therefore, is on you.
    You've failed to show any whatsoever. No, saying "But you're ignorant if you don't agree with me" does not qualify as proof.

I will be happy to carry on with this debate in private, as perhaps a one-on-one discussion will cause you to abandon your (flimsy) showmanship and put together a real argument. You can email or instant message me most anytime - my information is provided in my profile. Or, PM me through the site.

13. Sejairo

Sejairo Member

I believe i am rather late to the show but i got a couple views on christianity and i do know a lil about christianity seeing how I was one at a certain time and place in my life so here we go, and i'm not trying to offend anyone stating my views.

First off, I've always found christianity bashing other religions in some "sense" especially when i have gone to church and/or youth group from one time to another, and I've really never found that exactly just. Also by stating that in christianity's belief that its there all "mighty" god is the god and only god blantley bashing other religions right there.

Second, I've never approved of the fact that they seem to always state that this world is a battle ground between good and evil, Heaven and Hell if you will and influence into schools and so on. Basically comdeming whoever hasen't sided with this belief.

Third, and most of all, how can you sit within sometime of grounds and preach such a thing damning people to hell if they don't accept "Jesus Crist"? Honestly your basically once again thrashing them.

Fourth, I am not saying i am for or against gay rights, but if you noticed it damns people such as those to hell, along with drunkards and others who have never heard the word. Now with that said in this little paragraph think about all the kids in foriegn countries such as in Brazil who arent "up to date" on technology or have even had the chances to hear the word? So thats kind of something to think about so let me know.

I am not attempting to bash it, I mean they have there strong points and views i can completely agree with that. But most of whats preached today from what i have heard and read, is all basically throwing other religions out the door, and I went to Sunday school and did a coupel bible programs sure but thats all i've ever really known thus far about it.

So Possibly gimme some view points on this? Because this is how it is preached within all the times I've moved and been to multiple churches and alot of my friends feel the same way.

14. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Yes yes I'll make sure to wet myself now in anticipation of your scary internet prophecy. I again refer you to my offer of a private discussion, unless of course you realize that without middle-school level grandstanding for the internet you have nothing to say.

15. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

If you're afraid of a private discussion because it will force a focus on facts and not regurgitated grandstanding rhetoric, simply say so.

And all you've managed to do is make flimsy critiques of what I've produced. Don't be so sure you're not on the 'laughable' side.

Again, I re-iterate my offer to a private, one on one discussion of this issue.
    While you are very brave with no-content public posts, my PM and Email inboxes are not showing any new messages.

This will be my last post in the thread, so by all means post your standard 'you're ignorant and stupid I get the last word' diatribe and carry on as normal, but my invitation stands open if you've the courage or conviction to do more than just make an empty spectacle.

16. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Fedup, he's not even worth reading let alone responding to. Anyone who can't accept the FACT that the holocaust killed millions, and that it was no coincidence it was mostly Jews, gypsies and sympathizers isn't worth the time. There is no arguing with insanity! He has demonstration his inability to accept common knowledge facts and make basic logical connections. This will be obvious to anyone with half a shred of common sense who reads this thread.

17. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Not even close to being a FACT, it is just a matter of statistical probabilities. In actuality, you are misleading people by claiming you state facts, when you do no such thing. I can see why you use the FedUp moniker after so much effort spent spreading your anti-religious propaganda and so few converts believing you. It is more likely Hitler was fueled by megalomaniacal egotism, obsessive compulsive disorder, and paranoia, and used religion as one of many tools to reach his twisted goals. Power and greed drove him, not a sense of piety, imho.
    And since 85% of the world's population believe in one faith or another, is it really any surprise that most wars, etc. are carried out by religious people? It would surprise me if they weren't. The 2.5% of atheists likely would be the same if they were the 85%. If you feel it is a fact that religion is to blame, as you say, then I disagree. It is just a tool, used by men to reach their goals. It is a very effective tool, and so it is commonly used. Jesus' teachings say one should do the opposite, and love, not hate.
    You sure appear to be bordering on hate with your constant negative posts and attacks, especially when you call them facts when they are clearly not.

18. BlackGuardXIII

I disagree. You say religion is the cause, I say it is merely a tool, and the causes differ from case to case. Usually power, greed, control, and fear are the cause, imho. If you feel it is a fact, that is fine, it is for you then, but I don't, and it isn't for me.

19. Peacey

Peacey Member

i think is doesnt matter, what religion you are you shouldnt critize someone elses{especialy if you have no idea abt i think people should calm down and accept that we all have differant beliefs and nothings gonna change that.

20. BlackGuardXIII

'You say religion is the cause, I say it is merely a tool, and the causes differ from case to case. Usually power, greed, control, and fear are the cause, imho.'
    BlackGuardXIII - post #73
    It IS a FACT that you like to point out in your posts that what you agree with IS FACT. But, as for religion causing more deaths than cigs, or more deaths than any other cause, as you said earlier, though that claim may be able to be supported by statistics showing the millions who died from 'religious' wars, one could just as easily claim that weapons caused more deaths than anything else, or that cardiac arrest did, or violence, etc.
    My point is this: whatever rallying cry leaders use to motivate their subjects to attack others is not necessarily the true motive for their desire to go to war. I mentioned four reasons I feel are likely more often the motives for war. Out of those four, you asked what I think the number one is, and I liked that question. I had to think about it.
    When I thought about why people seek power and control, and why they are greedy, I concluded it can all be attributed to fear. So, my opinion is that the number one cause of war is fear. The Crusades are often cited as an example of Christianity causing millions of deaths, but couldn't the real reasons be, on the surface, power and greed, and underneath that, a fear of and insecurity about losing control to other, different people.
    A good example supporting this is the sack of Byzantium, one of the tragic episodes from the Crusader era. Byzantium was a Christian city. The Crusaders tricked the ruler into letting them enter the city, and then betrayed him. Christian nuns were raped, Christian churches robbed and burned, and Christian civilians murdered, all by fellow Christians who supposedly set out on a Crusade to fight Moslems in the middle east. If they really were out to fight Moslems, as they claimed, why did they attack a Christian city that trusted them and let them past their fortifications?
    As I said before, my view is that religion is used by unscrupulous, and insecure people as a tool, a means by which they can achieve their nefarious goals.
    If you desire to convince me that religion itself is actually the real cause of these wars and deaths, you need to do more than proclaim it is a FACT. Maybe it is, but I have yet to be convinced of that.