People who bitch about millennials

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 18, 2019.

1. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

You called my entire generation "dickheads" a few posts back
    Including the millennial veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan ;)

2. One of the reasons we are at this point is because we're in a relatively peaceful condition for the first time in quite awhile. What still blows my mind is the way we had such an amazing time leading up to the fall of the Berlin Wall (a symbol too many folks don't understand these days). But then it was yanked away from us on 9/11 and a whole new situation, which had been brewing since Carter capitulated to Iran, was delivered on America's doorstep.

Living through that bullshit had an effect on people. An effect that's not happening now. So instead of facing real problems, the focus has shifted to the kinds of shit people whine about when there's no concern of war, famine or pestilence.

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  3. Respect is helping out your elderly uncle who wanted to show off his latest songs on the accordian.
    Had to help him out because he is in his late 80’s and is frail. He’s dutch and german. Knows his maths. Used to teach mathematics at university.
    My mum’s side of the family are from holland. We were all at her older sister’s place for morning coffee.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Are you kids still on my lawn?

5. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Yes. And we're posting selfies;)

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's it...

[​IMG]

Irminsul and everything bagel like this.
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I'm a boomer, and in the spirit of Thanksgiving I would just like to say how deeply grateful I am that kids these days are so completely fucking clueless.
    If our grandchildren fully understood the blighted climatic, ecological, socioeconomic, and geopolitical legacy we've left them, in all of it's myriad ramifications...
    they'd murder us all in our beds.

granite45 likes this.
  8. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, but they aren’t totally clueless, the just are not as prone to violence as boomers have been. I include violence as the willful spreading of covid causing more than one death a minute in America. Some day the millennials will put those maskless fools in the same class as other perpetrators of genocide.

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's probably a generational thing again. It's only "whining" because old people don't care about it. What makes millennial "entitled" according to boomers? Some examples I can think of.

Wages
    Boomers ignore the fact that the job market is different now than it was when they were in the 20's and 30's. Jobs pay less compared to the inflation. Boomers think you just ask for an application in person and start in the mail room. Eventually you will be the CEO. They did fine working in the mail room and had a medium sized apartment with no room mates. They don't understand most of that is email now and you work an unpaid internship at the same companies.

Time off once you get employed
    Millienials believe in a work life balance and often favor European employment laws. More time off, and less of a capitalist drive to always be working. You can work enough to be happy and I think boomers were taught your only value to society is the output of your labor. So, a lot of older boomer high ups at the company see it as "lazy" when their young employees are not available 24/7. Bernie Sanders was popular with young people for a reason.

Pronouns/ Trans rights
    Millennials are too sensitive because they don't really care if someone decides they are a different gender. Boomers don't like the public perception and employment laws to favor this. It's bad to have trans characters on TV or acknowledge the "mental illness" of transgenderism.

The world changes. There are no teenage millenials anymore but they seem to be the term for all young people.
    [​IMG]