People who bitch about millennials

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Boomers: I don't like all that heavy metal it's all drugs and druggos.

Also Boomers: Hendrix was a good artist.

2. The way how i was brought up was through Baby Boomers.
    Only issue was that my natural parents divorced when i was 18 months old.
    We were brought up by my natural mother who sadly passed away this year in march.
    I was adopted out as i had something wrong with me and needed all the attention possible.
    Before being adopted out i was raised by two foster care families.
    Respect was in the family.
    Because of everyone being brought up differently.
    I had a normal family who got me crawling and walking.
    I then had a church minister and his wife look after me.
    They were from the UK. The wife was from Yorkshire and the Husband was from Wales.
    If i chose to be disrespectful I got the wooden spoon on my bum.

I'm autistic so the autism wasn't the issue with being disrespectful.
    Respect is taught in the family home.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Boomers: I don't like all this new hip hoppin music it's all about sex.

Also Boomers: You know who were really good? The Rolling stones.

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Boomers: I don't like all this techno mumbo jumbo, too homosexual for me.

Also Boomers: You know who had some talented hands? Elton John.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

5. If you grew up in the 70's and 80's you would know that the hippie era was around.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes I am well aware, but this is legitimately the knowledge that has been handed down to me through the generations. Stereotype or not, this is what I remember.

7. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Wow. Ok. I'm really sorry you feel that way. I mean, our parents are boomers. How can you say we show no respect toward them? You're the one making an unfair blanket statement about an entire generation. Not us. You. You say we don't show respect but you're labeling our entire generation as "total dickheads."

I don't wanna be mean (despite your assumption that I absolutely do) but you're literally the reason "ok boomer" has become our rallying cry. We just wanna exist. Sorry that offends you guys so.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well people our age don't go to the pub. they're all at home with their kids. when i go out drinking, my friends always want to go to the old guy bars, where it's just a bunch of guys sitting around talking about sports and how people need to have more respect for the flag, or leave the damn country already. occasionally i'll get lucky and we'll actually go to the one local young people hangout, where it's mostly people in their early 20s. at least those guys have something different to say every once in a while.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah

Nah.

10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

All generations are dickheads in their own way.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  11. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

The oldies always bitch about the newies one way or another

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Anyone remember that GenX band with that one song.

I don't want relationship I just want bang bang bang
    I don't want to know your name I just want bang bang bang

13. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I wonder what happened to PattyAlverez, she was such a shining beacon of nice.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  14. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

15. Nolamenickname

Nolamenickname Members

To me the millennial concept is more of a state of mind and how a person functions. If a person is worth their salt and holds their own then they really don't fall into the millennial label when if they of the standard age range... Unfortunately they didn't get a horrible rep without reason. Many of the people labelled as a millennial quick display why they are disliked. And rather than prove someone wrong the millennial quickly proves the point by whining.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

true, they got a horrible rep because they didn't kill off the older generations, and every older generation likes to talk all kinds of shit about the generations that come after them.

17. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

>Boomers and Gen Xers...raise Millennials then sink the economy as many of them entered the job market.
    >Also Boomers and Gen Xers...This generation is lazy, spoiled, entitled, and unemployed in mommy's basement!

IDK what to say

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is completely irrelevant to everything, but your avatar keeps reminding me of the last scene of a horror movie, where the killer finally gets killed and it zooms in on his corpse. i think it's a combination of your splayed arms and the facial expression.

19. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Well young-uns us Boomers will be gone in 15-20 years and the ones that will be left will be filling their Depends. Then it will be your turn to take all the grief from the ones you spawned.

20. Funny thing is that the millennials come up with some disrespectful phrases.
    I’m gen x and was brought up to respect everyone.
    My parents have been ok boomered by some millennials who just don’t know what respect is.
    My parents are baby boomers.
    I think what i saw on another thread here started by the OP it was @************ who came up with a solid summary on why it’s rough to go around slurring the baby boomers.
    Whilst that is the case a bit of a history lesson should be had here for those who don’t know about the war veterans.