People who bitch about millennials

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 18, 2019.

1. PatyAlvarez

PatyAlvarez Banned

The world will be a better place without boomers.

2. PatyAlvarez

PatyAlvarez Banned

LMFAO! Says the scooter chair bound old man sitting in a crap filled Depends waiting for his boyfriend to change him.

3. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Well it ain’t gonna change itself.

MochaMood, GLENGLEN and Running Horse like this.
  4. I don't approve of the way this generation was raised. With safe words and safe spaces and things like that. Science has all these rules for how to raise your children, and parents keep up to date with each latest study. It's helicopter parenting. Everyone has to understand everyone else. Everyone has to look the same and dress the same and act the same. And you can be an individual, so long as you're being a positive force on this world. It's plain old conformity. Everyone is trained to have the same ideas about everything.

There isn't any diversity anymore. No rebellion. The parents are all hip and understanding. Which, I suppose all-in-all, is a good thing, but I can't relate whatsoever. I find it all mind numbingly boring. I don't blame whole generations for this, though. And I think millennials themselves feel that there's no escape from this uniformity. So many of them commit suicide. No one understands their problems, because everyone understands their problems.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... I'll let you know when I'm dead.

MochaMood and RetiredHippie like this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yerr well I'm still gonna have some pride and dignity in my scooter and it's going to have flames on the sides and run on diesel with a rebel flag, just to piss off millennials. :)

RetiredHippie and rollingalong like this.
  7. PatyAlvarez

PatyAlvarez Banned

That rebel flag makes a great idiot detector or peckerwood alert system.

MochaMood and Willowmoon like this.
  8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Paty, you're making yourself sound worse than the Boomers. And if the boomers had not existed, then neither would you.

As others have remarked, it seems to be an inevitability that generations will complain about those that came before and after them. The millennial hate gets sort of old, though. We aren't all that bad, I swear.

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry if you took it like that. I was raised by people of your generation and I know you are not all the same.

In general we should not fight over generations I guess. We are all the same after all. My post was more on economics and the boomers are a large group of people who are still employed and competing for jobs with us.

Your reply is sort of an example of what I am talking about. You did not attack me you attacked when I was born. You imply that I have not done what you have done. How else am I to "grow up" when I own my own home and have already received a few pay raises at my work that requires a degree? I have played the same game as you. I'm not 30 yet and I feel good with where I am compared to my peers. I worked hard to get here.

Let's examine the real issue and not take it so personal.

As someone in her 30's you are a millennial.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

oh hogwash

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You are a millenial lol

12. I'm 38 and I'm gen X.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't like this new information.

parua, Running Horse and Meliai like this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

"It was discovered that millennials are less likely to strongly identify with the generational term when compared to Generation X or to the Baby Boomers, with only 40% of those born between 1981 and 1997 identifying as part of the Millennial Generation."

see, i don't have to identify, if i dun wanna. :)
    you can't hold it over me.
    phew.

15. I've never really identified. I think there should be a whole generation just for 80s kids. Though Gen X has a cool sound to it. We are like mutants. Who wants to be a freakin' "baby boomer" (how lame) or a "millennial."

16. unfocusedanakin

Gen Y was what I thought I was called until college. The millennial name escalated around the time of the 2008 recession. I think with the fierce competition for jobs the older generation came to hate us. Companies will hire a younger person who can not ask for the same salary. We are also thought to know more about computers and other technology. I still have to explain basic computer tasks to my dad and I have found my older co-worked less willing to learn this information too. They still want to fax or handshake.

Odd to me how much hate the Boomers got for silly things. They grow their hair long, they want peace in Vietnam like a snowflake, they did not fight Hitler so they don't know what a threat to peace is we spoil them! Now they do the same thing. I guess it's part of getting old. I am also kind of confused by Tide Pod eating and other things the kids do now.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i just went to my wife and queried. she said "millennial refers to a structure of characterizations and attributes of Gen X." she also says "do no not worry, you are not a millennial" :sweatsmile:

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

lol sometimes i look at the long hair hippe drug fucked and have to wonder whether they knew anything about the vietnam war while they "make love not war, peace mayyyunn"
    i had to use chong as a reference photo cause i knew he'd deliver on the exact photo i needed. :p

[​IMG]

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's because old people struggle with stairs so we keep them on the ground floor.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  20. unfocusedanakin

All of America knew the truth of Vietnam thanks to the nightly news. That is a big reason why people did not support it. In WW2 unless you were there you did not see men die. All you got was propaganda videos saying how our boys were going to get Hitler. No one saw anything bad just smiling and alive Americans.

In the 60's the networks were on the front line and you did not have be 18 and getting shot at to get it. I wrote a long essay on the cultural impact of TV and Vietnam. I know this topic.