People & their pictures... (a few thoughts)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Something I've noticed over the YEARS I've been a member of the HipForums, is that some people here just post on Member Photos and other picture threads (or who's the hottest member kinda threads). I always thought it was weird... like... what? They have nothing to say? They just have a face but no brain? Or maybe they're just very superficial people... who love to be complimented... because of course, I've also noticed that the ones who I'm talking about ALWAYS get great compliments. It seems like they posted their pic once and got so many: "wow you're beautiful" that they decided to take pictures of themselves as often as possible and post them, post them, post them... and just do that. It's sad, in a way... these people obviously have very little self-confidence, and constantly need to be reminded of how great they look.

I know that a lot of people here who post their pics often ALSO post on other forums a lot too... here I'm not reffering to them.

I don't know... When I post my pics, it's because, well, first of all, I kinda like them, I'm being honest here, I'm not gonna post a pic of me where I think I look like shit (unless that's the POINT), but.. I don't know, if sometimes I post a sexy pic for FUN, I just post my new pics once in a while for my friends here (I always love to see new pics of my friends, so...), like, I never expect people to answer (well usually they do, but, I don't depend on that!!!!)

Anyways... these were just a few thoughts I just had.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I agree, seems some people are fishing for complements, while others are over eager to give them. I'll give a complement if I really feel it, but thats it.

If I give a complement, you can take it seriously

I'd like it if all those who's the hottest threads died, but I seem to go against the grain with 2/3 of the users of this forum

3. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

I like to look at pictures alot, and im not that superficial. If i had the ability, there would be lots more pics of me up on this site. but im not that beautiful. im just average i thienk

4. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

Regardless I dont think it matters... whoever the hell is in your sig is without doubt positively absolutely definitely ultra-awesomely claustraphobically -no not really- the HOTTEST PERSON ON HIPFORUMS OMG OMG AKSJLDaAALIUSDFHLSJ HKL'[LASK

5. seamonster66

haha, I'm sure that made John Waters smile

6. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I don't post a lot in member photos, because I don't just hand out compliments like candy. I do put up a few pics, but only because I like them. I find some people get pages and pages of comments and others only get a few.

7. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i just like to take silly pics,
    i dont really take myself seriously ergo my pics usually are supposed to be funny or just plain wierd

8. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

i put up a thread in members fotos once. I think i got like 50 or 60 replies.

9. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I know... some people will just complimemt anyone they don't even look at them... or they'll be just nice, me when I don't like a pic I don't pretend I do.. But I know that a lot of people really do mean their compliments, too.

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Yeah but, would it have killed you if you didn't get that many replies? Some people just depend on it...

And you don't ONLY post there either... you prove you have a brain too...

11. seamonster66

I guess its part of the "its all good" mentality, everyone is beautiful, I love everyone etc.

12. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

lol yay let's all be hippies!! :D

13. seamonster66

YAY, I love labelling and confining myself:D

14. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I like looking at pictures of seamonster66....:&

15. seamonster66

well..gee I don't know what to say..thanks, maybe I should..post more pics in the photo section if thats the way people that matter feel, I guess I was wrong about all of this :p

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I like looking at your picture too to be honest :)

17. seamonster66

gosh, th-thanks....in all honesty I like looking at pics of Laety and Daisymae too....

are we turning this thread into exactly what we were complaining about :D

18. seamonster66

Actually, I might nominate you two to co-share the hottest chicks in the hipforums title :D

19. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

lol yeah I guess we ARE turning this thread into what we were complaining about... LET'S STOP NOW!!!!

20. Lodog

Lodog Senior Member

If you were to lump me into a catgorie it'd have to be really specific like, Hottest hipforumer guy that has red hair, lives in Alaska, and is in the army.

I might get something there.