People & Poets Against the War: All For RESPECT - Brought To You By Peace Phoenix

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 31, 2004.

1. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Well, I've been very busy over the last few days, helping to organise this event. It all came about through the poem/poster that I put up here a few days ago. Since then, I sent it to my poet friend Rupert, who had the idea to do an event in Lowestoft, where we would read out poetry over a megaphone, do some speeches and leaflet against the war and for RESPECT. He sent my poem onto a number of his contacts, including international poet and filmmaker Cris Cheek, who has offered to come along and lend his voice and poetry to our event. Giles has also offered to help us out, and will be thrilling the crowds with his juggling routines. Moominmamma, Enonemouse and Danny have all said that they may be able to come along. I'm going to be speaking to the press tomorrow, they're very interested, and it's likely we'll get wide local coverage. Any help anyone here can give us would be wonderful, if any of you would like to attend the event, PM me, and I'll sort out the details with you. I'll put up a copy of the leaflet I've made to advertise it soon....