People I hang with basically...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by War John, Jun 27, 2013.

1. War John

War John Member

...Are criminals. :( We are talking extortionists, con artists, petty theives, property vandalizers, and sexual assualters.

Should I be a rat, and rat on them, and take my chances of coming up missing?

Or should I let them be, and risk the chances of going down with them when the law enforcement finally catch up to them?

These are no friends of mine, even though they call me their friend, and call themselves my friends.

Their criminal activities are starting to get really in my way.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So... You must know a bunch of politicians, lawyers, bankers and corporate CEOs

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

So you think people who know about their friends' crimes and do nothing are innocent? You ever heard of accessory?

You'll go down, too.

4. odonII

odonII O

The doctrine of common purpose, common design, joint enterprise, or joint criminal enterprise is a legal doctrine in some common law jurisdictions which imputes criminal liability on the participants to a criminal enterprise for all that results from that enterprise. A common incidence of the application of the rule is to impute criminal liability for assaulting a person with a knife, on all the participants to a riot who knew, or were reckless as to knowing, that one of their number had a knife and might use it, even when the imputed participants did not actually have knives themselves. This doctrine and similar legal principles can be found nations & states including England & Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Australia, Trinidad & Tobago, Solomon Islands, Texas USA ("Law of Parties"), Mass. USA, the ICC and ICTY.

5. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm. Interesting question. If I had a problem, I'd always want to sort it myself.

Criminality attracts different types. Some of the most evil/obnoxious people I ever met, actually did "nice" jobs - schoolteacher, public sector etc.

Some criminals have a code.. of sorts. Some go into crime, then leave once they've got other options etc.

But many criminals are nothing but slime. Often charming slime. I know some who've made vast amounts of money from it, we really are talking a version of "Satan-lite" - and they've been pally with the authorities from early on.

Ironically, criminals can be more vulnerable than non-criminals eg if these people "have something" on you.

I suppose the best way to live, is to live a good life. But that also means, don't be naive, or a victim. Robin Hood had a celebrated form of morality..
    Even Jesus was seen as a "criminal" by some.

You seem to be talking about the very worse types of criminals. So it sounds like you're asking whether you should be an official or anonymous informant. The big question is, what have you done, how recently in comparison to your adversaries.

If these people are just scum, making your life a pain, maybe you have 3 options - play them at their game (ofcourse I cant legally advise that one), anonymously drop them in it. Or officially drop them in it. Or a 4th, walk away in some way.

One of my businesses attracted an undesirable element. I found the only way was to be firm, or never do business in the 1st place. Sexual assaulters, conmen and extortionists are really the lowest of the low. I'd avoid those types like Ebola. You aren't gonna have much of a life with those sorts as your friends.
    They have shown ill will to you ( I think you are saying), so I think we can say "drop them in it"...

Does that help? Or do I need to be more specific?

6. IamnotaMan

We need more facts. He may be extremly likely saving himself from jail. And it depends on what he shops them over. And how he shops them.

My suspicion is that he should cause them a load of shit..

7. IamnotaMan

No, knowlege isn't being an accessory (except in terrorism, and even thats debateable). Surprising maybe, but thats the case.

You could know the exact details of millions of crimes (even before they are committed), and be completely "innocent" in the eyes of the law. No matter how morally distasteful that might be.

(Source: me - law school : ) )

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

so, you actually do know how to create a legible post.

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

LOL .... first thing that crossed MY mind. :D

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

First thought that crossed my mind too.... I can READ this!!

Umm yea... he in the mob or what?

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My granny said-"birds of a feather flock together". Take it for what it's worth.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

^^Yep.. as in often but not always. :)

13. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

why not separate yourself from them? don't put yourself in danger.

14. IamnotaMan

Its not that simple. Does he give up his own career (which could actually be completely legit, albeit connected to these people)? Maybe one that might actually pay enough to give him complete freedom at some pt while still v young?

Maybe his other options eg 9-5 for fuck all, are utter shit?

Does he give up being friends with all these people en masse - even the ones who's perspective is just like his.

Does he give up being friends with some of them who could be the most genuine/loyal people he'll ever meet?

Whats he gonna do after? French Foreign Legion? Or run away and join the circus, like Pinnochio? :-/

15. IamnotaMan

For every saying, there's always one that says the opposite...

Like "opposites attract..." hehe

16. Lodog

Lodog ¿

What a bunch of terrible crooks.

When you break the law you're not suppose to let others know.

17. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

That's what my friends turned out to be less the petty and sure as hell no sexual contact un wanted or we would clean our own house. They are friends and nothing more unless you help them and can be proven.

Im a law abiding citizen with clean record and no side deals etc, They are felons or IMO cases pending. They know who they are after, Unless you aid in the crime itself and or have nobody people to place you other than your word, You will walk after after you sit quietly in 'the room'. If anything omit certain vague excuses.

Ive been there and done it, I wont snitch a friend. If they knew something or hard something on you, You wouldn't be getting asked the same questions over and over, Then they switch it up times and date until you fuck yourself. They might get physical, That's pic worth of a lawsuit on contingency.
    Sit quietly and or just lawyer up and wait out your 'hold time'. Not your fault friends turn out the way they do.
    But your not gathering to plot a crime, Its to kick back and 'remember when' shit. They will keep their mouth shut, Don't sell them out over something that will land you in the river or a hole. Sad but true, A snitch always has a price on his head and unless its some million dollar a man scheme, No protective custody.

You're choice, But IMO if you are scared of this or that, Let the friendship fade and cut ties is your best bet. To each their own, Good luck

18. Pokerguy

Pokerguy Member

You gotta make a move. Get out of dodge. When you dance with the devil, you change, he doesn't.