People have always been offended

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 23, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

She thought she could get away with her comments since many others have. I was surprised anything happened considering how normalized that kind of talk is in America now.

She claims she had no idea what the women looked like yet knew enough to say she LOOKED like an ape. She can say whatever she wants Americans have a long history of white people saying black people are monkeys. This is why it did not fly. People knew she was lying since it's not a comment whites make to each other.

For example the right wing often called Obama and his wife Michelle apes. If you don't call them a ****** they are "porch monkeys" since they don't work they sit on the porch all day. There are many examples.

She worked for a private company and they have a right to dictate her behavior. It's really no different from working at Burger King. There will be rules on what you can wear, do, and say. If on your private time you make comments that make the company look bad. Comments that make people think the company agrees you will not work there.

If you don't like it use the free market Republicans love and find a job where saying a black women is an ape is ok.

Lynnbrown and rollingalong like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You're probably similar to me in a sense that, when you try to make a funny, the sarcasm or the punch line I guess is often misread and lost in translation and a wall of text. Humor is often overlooked in text because an individual will percieve and interpret that information differently from the next person, so while one person may get the joke, another might wander OMG did he really say that!!!

All you can do is use a simple emoticon to suggest you're saying things with a light heart, it's up to them how they percieve that and not your burden to worry about if they take it the wrong way. :)

As for the title of the thread, of course people have always been offended. Same old song and dance, not everyone is the same.

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

BULLSHIT!
    [​IMG]

4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Yep, that does happen too. More like, i tend to joke about things that many would find offensive without it being directly at anyone in particular. And i can't just come up with something humorous off the top of my head. Something has to happen and it comes naturally too me. But yeah, i had people look at me in shock like "did he say what i think he said" only to laugh about it later.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

and people said obama was the first black president...

relaxxx likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I get that too in real life, but I rarely think about what I'm actually saying before it comes out of my mouth so you get a genuine unedited response lol. Like my pool team all have different personalities compared to myself so like we are all into different things, I wouldn't probably be friends with them outside of pool so they always ask me things about stuff I'm interested in and they get a laugh out of my responses or one of them likes to bait me with a topic he knows I'm going to get into and then he laughs at my responses lol.

As for online, lol. I don't care anymore, even when you tell someone something and even reiterate that something they just stick with whatever they're thinking anyway. English isn't my first language and although I think I do a good job with it maybe I don't use correct words or terminology. -shrug-

One expression."I hate such and such" is often thrown out of context both IRL and eCoversation. Sometimes someone will get all defensive and you're just like woah fucken where'd that come from? Oh I see, they decided to take that word literally instead of in jest.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Just adding my voice.. I'm curious to see the dark humor. But I also get being careful with it. Tone of voice being lost online makes it more tricky.

Even in real life there are jokes that come in my head and I bite my tongue if I'm not sure of the people I'm around.

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

People may have always been offended, but "people" were most certainly not allowed to act offended. All of those years of lynching, and killing and (in the South) the burning of crosses in yards...y'all are living in a dream world if you think ANYBODY down south would say a word indicating they were offended. Not white and most assuredly not black people would say anything because everybody liked LIVING and to have a home that wasn't burned down by the KKK that so many of you want to pretend does not exist.

It has become MUCH more acceptable to be rude, obnoxious, biased and prejudiced because it has come from the very top (DOLT45) that saying whatever you want to - as long as a minority is being put down - is fine! Hell, its even okay to mock a disabled person (reporter) if you're #45. (How damn low is that?!?) I also know way too many people around where I live as well as on the internet that prove this.

It is said liberals are snowflakes...that is so stupid. If anything, I'm an avalanche...THEY are the snowflakes that cry every time a piece of truth (this kind of truth particularly) is tossed around publicly.

scratcho, Spectacles, Meliai and 2 others like this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Am avalanche, I like that. :)

.... Maybe I'm reading it wrong though. Lol.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

@Irminsul you are reading it totally correct. :)

Irminsul likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well I interpret it as, if you fall over, you're taking down all the people around you too. :tearsofjoy:

Lynnbrown likes this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lol I like that...and that isn't entirely wrong...but my meaning is:

I don't melt...I try to take the bullshit down if there is anyway to do so. Avalanches are a force to be dealt with...and often they aren't dealt with very successfully. :D

Irminsul likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like it a lot. :D

Lynnbrown likes this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

goodnite my niggas..

[​IMG]

snowtiggernd likes this.
  16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^^^^^^ LOLOLOL

That is so damn awful its funny funny funny.

Orison likes this.
  17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

And before George W. there was George Burns. Who people said looked like a monkey.

[​IMG]

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The snowflake thing always made me laugh. It doesn't apply on most liberals. Sure, it fits a segment of the more extreme ones (libtards), and some overly fanatic and unnuanced 'SJWs' but it seems to fit much more crude and narrow minded conservatives indeed.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Illuminatitties

Orison likes this.
  20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Wow one example totally disproves a racial slur.