People have always been offended

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 23, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Some people seem to think that that there was a golden old time age when you could say or do anything. It's only now they are censored. I think these people are so mad at current times they ignore the past. They are so upset that the world changes now they think it never has.

For example I really like the sitcom Married With Children. This show has been labeled as politically incorrect and it sure was in it's day. Yet people have this rose colored glasses memories of it. They think there as no boycotts of the show there was. They think parents were fine with kids seeing they were not. George Carlin was annoying people decades ago with 7 words. Mothers were convinced their sons would rape women if they saw a Playboy when they were 12.

In their day all these things were the end of society. People were not OK with them. People wanted them to go away. Odd to me in all my examples it tended to be evangelical right wingers who felt this way. Now it's shifted and they see themselves as the ones able to take jokes.

My point is people not liking what you like is nothing new. Don't think you are special or oppressed. Be happy you do live in a society where your mother does not decide everything you do.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Does that mean we can start making Muslim jokes now?

You know... since everyone was always offended by something at one point in time, and it's now justifiable to offend people?

3. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Does anyone remember all those Polack jokes of the 70s?

RetiredHippie and rollingalong like this.
  4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

No ma'am!

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You could always make muslim jokes. They just have to be funny. So... your loss.

6. Asmodean

Al Bundy reference? :-D

RainyDayHype likes this.
  7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

There's always been offensive things and offended people but lately things seem to be on a completely new level of insanity.

This TOXIC HYPERSENSITIVITY of trigger happy PC/SJW morons hunting for reasons to get offended. Like Roseanne and more recently that weatherman.

God fucking help you if you're white and even step close to getting in the way of minority victim privileged hypocrites. Forget logic and reason and facts, you will be presumed guilty.

What utter fucking bullshit!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    6-eyed shaman likes this.
  8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Sometimes i'm absolutely stunned by the type of people i offend without even trying. Even on here. With only using light humor too.

I have a very dark and twisted sense of humor that i only share with a few people i know personally. I don't share it online. My humor isn't meant to insult or put someone down yet people still get offended.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

I wish we had another time,
    I wish we had another place,
    But everything we had is stuck in the moment 'cause,
    I'm still stuck in the moment with you
    See like,
    Just because this cold cold world saying we can't be,
    Baby, we both have the right to disagree,
    And I ain't with it,
    And I don't wanna be so old and gray,
    Reminiscin' 'bout these better days,
    But convention's telling us to let go,
    So we'll never know
    I wish we had another time,
    I wish we had another place,
    'Cause everything we did,
    And everything we have is stuck in the moment,
    Yeah

Libbygrable87 likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You should share it here. We wont mind

Driftrue likes this.
  11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

12. Some words even said as a joke hurt whether you like it or not. I had to get tough skin, it took awhile but being around mosty men all the time. I was able to take those offensive jokes and then eventually cast my own offensive jokes and stand my ground.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Agreed @Total Darkness, the darker, the better. What is the detriment of sharing it online?

14. Studies have shown that a dark sense of humor is an earmark of developing dementia.

15. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

There is none.

I think you, Meliai, and a few others wouldn't mind. Even if you didn't find it funny, i don't see either of you getting offended.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Now there's not the barrier of possible offense that's holding him back: There's always a sudden barrier when asked out of the blue to display your humor/'be funny' on command :p :D

That being said:

[​IMG]

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't think of SJW as a negative term. I know it's used almost exclusively in that way. My childhood memories are mostly conservatives being offended which is why it's odd to me now they think they have the tough skin. It's not a one party thing, it's an American thing in general.

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it in the world.

18. Dark humor comes with the territory for me. I like it dry, though. Dead baby jokes...that's just amateur material to me.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

An Englishman an Scotsman and an Irishman were eating lunch on the building site.
    When the Englishman discovered that he had ham sandwiches again, he said "if my wife gives me ham again tomorrow, I am going to throw myself off the scaffolding"
    When the Scot and the Irishman discovered that they had their usual beef and cheese sandwiches, they both made the same pledge.

Needless to say, the following day they all had the same lunch.

At their funeral, the English and the Scottish wives were distraught and said that if their husbands had only asked them, they would have made something different.

The Irish wife looked puzzled and said "This simply does not make sense, Paddy makes his own lunch every morning".

Making fun of the Irish never seems to upset them and they always laugh at that one.
    I get a few dirty looks from Jane though.

morrow likes this.
  20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

BET you're WRONG!

What do I care about Trump? Do you think I'm racist? Do you think Roseanne is racist? Do you think that meteorologist, Jeremy Kappell is a racist? Do you think that cop Darren Wilson is a racist? You don't have the slightest clue about me. Also if you think it was OK to can Roseanne over that tweet, then you are completely blind to racial hypocrisy. Her mental illness is irrelevant.