People and barefootness

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by rainbowpower, Aug 18, 2005.

1. rainbowpower

rainbowpower Member

What the fuck is it with people and being barefoot on this site? As if that makes you somehow closer to nature! Humankind has stripped all traces of nature from us. We don’t even adapt to our surroundings any more. If some people from Florida were to move to Alaska, and start to breed there. In a thousand years do you think their descendents would have more and thicker hair on their bodies? No. Because we use our external garments to simulate adaptation to ones environment. If we get cold, we just put on a sweater! We have trained out bodies of the years to just be like "hey, no worries, it'll get taken care of for me". It probably takes humans 10x as long then other animals. So when another ice age hits, the human race, granted we've not already blown ourselves all to hell already, will be long extinct before there is time to adjust. I'm hungry...Need a sammich...

2. rainbowpower

rainbowpower Member

C,mon. No one has anything to say? Does my infallible truth steer you off?

3. rainbowpower

rainbowpower Member

Yes, i see that it does. C'mon people! i'm curious on your opinions on this!

4. nextGENERATIONhippie

nextGENERATIONhippie Member

If wearing garmets takes us away from nature wouldn't going barefoot bring us closer to nature?

5. bfjohn

bfjohn Member

I go barefoot as much as possible because my feet and legs seem to work so much better that way. When i walk shod, my knees ache and my legs start to tire after a couple of miles, and that takes at least ten miles to happen when i walk barefoot. In fact, twenty miles is no problem. Going barefoot is also more interesting as you can feel all the different textures in the ground, and, in some ways, is safer as you cannot twist your ankle or knee without the leverage of a boot heel to turn it over. I have been barefoot hiking for decades and have never had foot trouble of any kind, while my shod friends do. One has plantar fasciitis, another bunions, and another got blood poisoning after cutting his toe on the steel insert of his "safety" shoe!

6. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Humans lived through several ice ages, and will do so again, if necessary; perhaps differently this time around. Some deal with essentially ice age conditions now.

I don't know about your "infallible truth steering me off." I've got my own truths.

7. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Alright, I'll bite.

I go barefoot (and naked when possible) because I feel more comfortable that way. Clothes and footwear have a way of irritating me, when worn when not absolutely necessary.

I've done my share of dashing through the snow wearing nothing but a hemp anklet, but I sure as hell won't wear my short shorts and spaghetti strap tops in Boston right now! And neither will I go traipsing through harmful terrain without at least a pair of flips on my feet. Other than that? I choose to be as comfortable as I can be.

My infallible truth? Shoes and clothes have their place, but going "as bare as you dare" is fun, sexy and damn enjoyable.

8. ganesha1967

ganesha1967 barefoot bellybearer

Even though I might be feeding a certain creature from myth here...

[​IMG]
    With apologies to Wendy Pini
    :D

I think that only few people who are into barefooting and nudity do it for reasons of turning back the wheel of evolution to some point when human beings lived in caves and their main hobby was picking lice and fleas from each other's fur... so much for the "infallible truth" thing.

Sure, there is a certain feral aspect to barefooting and nudity, which can be seen as falling back into a cliché of "the noble barefoot and naked savage" and there are people who have a yearning to live in an environment that allows for permanent nudity and barefooting. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. My ultimate dream is to live in a society tolerant enough to enable me to be naked wherever I like. But I am enough of a realist to know, that this won't come true in my lifetime - judging mainstream society by how people treat barefooters as being weird (the weakest of their terms) or even outright crazy.

My personal motivation for being as nude as I can is my personal desire to feel well. And when it comes to my preference of walking barefoot, it is roughly the same, together with several health aspects and benefits which can be looked up on various web sites. However, I think the OP of this thread is not looking for that kind of information.

Wiggling toes threatened by extinction,

~*Ganesha*~

9. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

Seems like you just want to start a fight. It would be most civil if you respected the opinions and preferences of others, just as they should respect yours. I personally prefer the comfort, style and freedom of being barefoot. If you have opposing preferences and beliefs, I respect those even though I may disagree with them.

At any given public place just look at everyone. Are they all wearing the same clothes? Driving the same vehicles? Eating at the same establishments? No. It's a matter of individual preference. It's what makes us human.

My only and final post on this thread. :cheers2:

10. BarePixels

BarePixels Member

Better to respect his right to hold opposing views, rather than the views themselves. Not everyone's opinions are worthy of respect.

11. danmo

danmo Member

I think the message to this guy is quite clear! It took 3 years for someone to bother to reply to this - original post was 2005!!!!

12. liberer

liberer Member

i don't think your argument is really even related to being bare feet.. people choose to go barefoot because they enjoy feeling the ground beneath their feet. it's a really great feeling, you're more cautious therefore paying more attention to your present. take michael franti for example, he just did his barefoot journey part of a charity considering people in some countries cant even afford shoes, and then he never went back. he enjoys it, so why not? it isn't hurting anybody.. i'll ask you, why are you alive? you don't HAVE to be alive, mother earth would be better off if you weren't a live.. but you're alive because? well maybe because you enjoy it. just as some people enjoy going barefoot