Peanut Butter Fudge

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Enonemouse, May 11, 2004.

1. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

[​IMG]

Ingredients:
    1 cup whole milk (or 3/4 cup water)
    2 cups white sugar
    Just over a pound of peanut butter

Preparation:
    Boil sugar with milk or water. Boil the milk and sugar until it reaches the "soft ball stage." You'll know you've hit the soft ball stage when you take a drop of the mixture between your thumb and index finger, pull your fingers apart, and see the drop form a string.(kinda like pulling a slice of cheesy pizza and seeing a string of cheese between slices.)
    Take the pot off the stove. Add peanut butter and stir vigorously until you see a stringy texture (kinda like a paved road or neatly combed hair). While the mixture is still fairly liquid, pour it into a pan and flatten it out to a uniform layer about 3/4 in. thick.

Variations:
    Put in about 2 or 3 heaping teaspoons of carbo or chocolate powder into the peanut butter mix. This makes the fudge really tasty and helps as a thickener too Try it with coconut milk instead of milk, or add in shredded coconut in the final stage.

The fudge works even better with almond butter or cashew butter, and best with hazelnut butter.

2. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

drooling.....

i love peanut butter fudge.....you are busting out some great recipes....thanks!

3. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

[​IMG] Yup.....droolin' here too! That sounds excellent!!

4. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I wonder how it tastes? i hope it tastes like reeses, it sounds good anyway.

I was watching a show, i don't know if this show airs there it was called "candy unwrapped" and they showed you how to make reeses peanut butter cups.

But the peanut butter fudges sound good.

5. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

Sounds pretty damn good..

Has anyone had those Peanut Butter Fudge shakes at Sonic? Those things are fantastic.

6. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

nice looking recipe. i've been trying to make fudge recently (ha! it keeps going solid before i get it poured). i like the amount of protein in your fudge anyways.

do you do the thing where you let the fudge boil with the lid on for a while so that the steam washes down the sugar crystals off of the side of the pot? or do you use the wet brush technique?