Peak Oil

Discussion in 'The Future' started by TrippinBTM, Jan 31, 2005.

1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Is anyone else aware of this and the very serious crisis that will follow it? Without oil we can't support 6 billion people, more like 2 billion. And apparently it's supposed to begin pretty soon, in maybe a decade. I really hope they're wrong in that prediction, but it makes sense based on what I've been reading. And also, oil IS a finite resource, it will be gone someday. This oil crisis is a certainty, it WILL happen sometime, the question is when, and it looks like it will be sooner rather than later. We are about to live through the biggest societal collapse ever in human history. It will be the most significant event we've ever faced.

For more info, there's a thread on the "Globalization" forum you can read, or Google "peak oil".

2. element7

element7 Random fool

yeah, that really freaked me out a few years ago. figure research alternates now ... can't hurt even if it's just for ones self.

3. ( ∞ )

( ∞ ) INFINITY

Therefore, we must support our government's initiative to get us more oil...

4. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

alternative lifestyle----yessss

yes

5. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I've read quite a bit on the subject, and I see a coming cliff, perhaps as early as 2007-08. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Well, I don't really have an opinion on peak oil. Frankly, I haven't done enough research on it to come to an informed conclusion. The dramatic changes that are coming are going to come long before we see a true oil crisis. I do know that.

If peak oil is a factor in what is going on in the world right now, it's just one thing among many.

The fact that we "need" oil to function as a planet is really just an illusion created by the elite, who control every facet our lives. Free energy does exist, but of course these technologies are being suppressed because there is an empire built around oil.

7. brokenwingz425

brokenwingz425 Member

I'm sure the next 3 fuel sources have already been selected, its just like anything else, they're gonna milk all they can out of oil then switch to the next fuel source, milk that for all its worth...etc......