Peace Through War/ Killings?! How So?!

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by hebrewnational00, Apr 30, 2007.

1. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Some wars seem necessary and others utterly rediculous. WWII had a moral imperative even though our side committed some atrocities. And then part of why it happened was that the Allies were so ruthless with terms for Germany after WWI so war begets war but I think the Nazis and Japan were kind of asking for it too. And then there's good old Veet Nam, a total waste and Iraq, about the same(although the Kurds are now better off and maybe the South too), as well as some shitty little wars America has fought like the Spanish-American and the one against the Indians. The American Civil War was pretty awful except maybe it did free the slaves. Or did it? Afghanistan I think belongs to the second category too, all trumped up because Republicans got careless(?) with security and 9/11 happened. Darfur would be a much better place to send troops. I was actually in favor of big time intervention in the Balkans which happened way too late in MO. Preventing mass murder makes sense but being the world's oil cop or going after guys because they tried to kill our president's pop don't cut it. At any rate war should be an absolute absolute last resort which in practice it's not because politicians are way too stupid and so are most of the people who vote for them. Of course if we had a real democracy maybe it wouldn't happen so much but that we'll never know.