Paula Deen's Racism Scandal

Discussion in 'People' started by Aerianne, Jun 25, 2013.

1. ClintonsSon

ClintonsSon Yeah......it's Me!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHCqv1b0Ouc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHCqv1b0Ouc

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

3. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

glad to see she's loosing all her endorsement deals left and right. just goes to show one more time, voting with your dollars is very effective.
    not that i'd set (bare)foot inside of walmart

4. Bouga

Bouga Member

She was led to carry on as if nothing was said for 30+ years, so I don't see the point in drudging things up now. I also don't see a point in this being a huge news story. I mean, really, are there not enough things going on in the world to make headlines?

5. Aerianne

Yes. That's why I put it here in "People" "who are controversial or in the news", because it's actually not top news headline worthy.

There's all kinds of news sections that papers and television, radio news are broken down into. This is "People" news only.

6. acuarela

acuarela Member

It's always entertaining when people make a huge deal about someone saying ******. It's even more entertaining that people call it the "N-word". It really fascinates me.

7. Aerianne

...and her publisher dropped her late today.

8. ClintonsSon

ClintonsSon Yeah......it's Me!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdrvNeuc7jY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdrvNeuc7jY

9. browning

browning Member

I'm from the southern appalacian mountains probly the most traditional part of america anywhere, and everyone i've talked to about this issue agrees its wrong to use the "n" word or any slurr. I've done hard labor (farm/factory) work until my car accident, and everyone was equal in my experince some bad some good in each race. Yet they all used racial slurrs behide each other backs not as a direct attack just as one of those things of giving each other a hard time playfully. anyway I think mrs.dean should be punished in some why but shouldnt lose her job.

10. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

well said and i have to say i agree with your experiences except to say... imho she deserves to loose whatever the "general public" (sponsors, tv production companies, viewers) collectively decides she deserves to loose.

don't shed a tear, if she is as smart as her defenders say she is, she'll make out fine with her millions. unless she's as ignorant about finances as she is about race, in which case i hope she goes penniless for the rest of her life, it would be a valuable lesson that no amount of boycotting, protesting or letter writing could beat.

11. browning

browning Member

see you side as well bro.

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I read on another site SHE SAID THIS 40 YEARS AGO!!!!!!

Why make a big deal about it now??

ITS TOTALLY INSANE!!!!!!!!!

13. TexasGal

TexasGal Member

14. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

[​IMG]

15. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

That smile is so freaking scary. I do not care what is stated about smiling being used as a from of gentility, some people simply should not do it.

16. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

really. People are so touchy. I am Italian, if someone says...hey you guinea dago, where's the nearest pizza joint? I dont go flying off the handle. People say things, who cares.

17. acuarela

acuarela Member

Exactly! I'm Dominican and brown skinned and I don't think I've ever once been offended by anything someone has said to me. Why pay attention to it? I think flipping over things like that is much worse than the words said.

18. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

thank you for backing me up on that! you can call me racial slurs all day, see if I care haha

19. Aerianne

Some people don't care.

Some people are super sensitive.

It's bad business ethics and not a risk endorsers are willing to take, apparently.

20. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

[​IMG]