Patriotism?!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by HappyHippySoldierBoy, Aug 26, 2005.

1. boothy

boothy Senior Member

^completely agree, theres so much to see out there... when I'm old enough and have saved up enough, I'm outta here, to see what there is to see :)

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

go for it man ...... years are ticking by and it certainly is a big world . make the best of it lad "know if i could "i would love to spend a while in cultures of the world and connect with sound people . ...............good luck

3. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Dude, go for it....if circumstances had been different i woulda started these plans in me early twenties, as opposed to me thirties :)

4. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Sorry, I missed this. I'm in West Yorkshire, just a dozen miles out of Leeds :)

We've had a few forum meetups in Leeds before.

5. pabsy

pabsy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i loveEngland and Hertfordshire where i live but i'm not especially patriotic... my family arent from this country so sometimes i feel torn between two lands.... but when i'm walking alone in the countryside i do feel a bond with this earth...not sure if thats just the brit thing...nature has a way of making you feel at one with the planet...

6. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

yeah, i just like planet earth, not a paticular country.

7. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Awesome, if Yorkshire forum users ever want to meet-up anywehre again, gimme a call :)

I'm from a village called Bishop Wilton, near a town called Pocklington. I don't know if that rings any bells, we are in North-East Yorkshire, inbetween York & Driffield :)

8. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Is Pocklington where they have the massive Christmas light displays all through the town in the winter? Or the place with a pub called the Jolly Sailor, perhaps? The name sounds familiar...

9. boothy

boothy Senior Member

^They do have the Christmas light display, yes... but not that pub I don't think... it's certainyl not one I have been to :)

10. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

ach, words! :rolleyes:

you can be 'patriotic' and not 'nationalistic'

you can also be neither and decide not to give a damn about categorizing yourself.

:)
    ~
    [​IMG]

11. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

London is like a festering sore on the cesspit that these islands have become. I hate life in the UK and unless something drastically changes I will do my utmost to leave this land before I die.

Sure it's got it's nice bits, but the shit we have to put up with is far outweighs any of the good. Sometimes it feels that the ordinary people are treated little better than they were following the Norman conquests.

12. HappyHippySoldierBoy

HappyHippySoldierBoy Banned

A question to everyone who wants to leave. Where are you hoping to go?

13. Oz!

ironically, my first destination is to a country that has a very similar culture to our own lil' isle......New Zealand :) (mainly because i've always had a desire to see the place, looks stunning, and it's only a hop and a fart from there to many wonderful places, seems a nice easy move, easy to adjust and wotnot)

14. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I'm seriously thinking Aus or NZ ... However SE Asia has a certain appeal

15. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Snap! It's either NZ or Africa for me, both i have dreamt of going to... I would love to see as much of Africa as I can, and as for New Zealand - my Aunt and Uncle lived there for some 15 years, and my family often went out to visit them... my part of the family never got the chance due to the cost of it unfortunately, but the pictures brought back, and what we told by people... it sounded truly a beautiful country.

16. HappyHippySoldierBoy

HappyHippySoldierBoy Banned

I'm not talking about seeing these places, I mean, who actually wants to leave the uk for good, settle in a different country and live there til they die?

17. Oz!

Until i die? I don't know, i may feel the urge to return here in the future...who knows?

I do know that i'm ready for a change tho'...i've lived in pretty much every corner of the UK, travelled it extensively and after 32 yrs i am definitely feeling the pull to live elsewhere.....it just feels such a shame not to.

18. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Hmmm... that's the thing... I don't want to settle anywhere, I want to keep moving on, see where the wind carries me..

As for when I get too old, I don't know where I will "settle"... I guess my travels will tell me where I love the most.

19. Claire

Claire Senior Member

It's-the-people-that-make-the-place-for-me.

having-said-that-good-scenery-helps:)

20. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

woah!... you and me both!