Patchouli...the good, bad and ugly

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by RainbowGrl4Jesus, Jan 4, 2005.

1. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

I like patchouli, not my favourite though. Like with any inscense, the cheap stuff smells like shit so the extra money is worth it imo.

2. psychedelicized

psychedelicized Member

patchouli...mmmm. I love patchouli, lavender and lhang lhang alot. I like patchouli, for reasons most everyone else has stated...its earthy. earthy and it smells like dirt...hehe. although it is steriotypically "hippy", I could care less...its a beautiful scent, who cares what it is socially catergorized as.;)

3. TheSkaEffect

TheSkaEffect Member

haahaa, when i put that pop in ur locker after lunch that one day the whole locker reeked of patchouli, when u store food in there does it taste like patchouli??

4. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

no, i've been desensatized... beth took a swig of coke that was open in my locker for a period or two and she said it tasted faintly of patchouli...

5. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

6. Love In A Dumpster

Love In A Dumpster Member

Oh my how I love Patchouli! The 2nd smell I love is Eucalyptus. That is an amazing smell, also. I have this all natural Patchouli soap, and it has real patchouli plant in it. I bought it at a craft show. They make all sorts of it in Melbourne, Florida. I have the patchouli deoderant. I don't wear it much, 'cos I happen to like my own, natural bo. But, sometimes I just want to wear it. It's the Kiss my Face brand. It smells REALLY good. Perfect patchouli smell. My Uncle hates it, my Aunt loves it. She got me into patchouli. My mother loves it, and even wears the deoderant. I like to rub the soap in my hair to make my dreads smell patchouli. Mmmmm!!! LOVE IT!!!:cool:

7. Platinum_twf

Platinum_twf Member

I love the smell of patchouli oil, and incense...:)

8. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i looooooooove it... but i have been said to smell like pepper and dirt because of it... oh well!

9. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

black pepper essential oil probably would blend very well with patchouly, maybe with a touch of orange. (it is used in perfumery & actually has a surprisingly sweet, almost floral fragrance.) the blend would have to be diluted in jojoba oil or an alcohol/water base (cologne) because used neat on the skin it would be very irritating. but i bet it would smell great.

10. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

ive heard that orange and patchouli mix very well together.. i dont know though

11. Britt

Britt Member

i think it smells ok.... but it seems like since its so overpowering that people think its ok to give up showering.... :)

12. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

I use the kiss my face patchouli deoderant. It smells great.

I'm not a fan of heavy scents - if you are further away from someone than kissing distance, they should have no perceptible odor, imo... I like leaning in to hug someone and catching a bit of their scent, whether natural or something they've added. It's nice.

I realize that I'm in the minority in this... mostly, it's the result of having severe allergies growing up, raising a child with asthma, and having spent a summer working in a bikini bar, where it seemed that everyone reeked of cigarettes and dollar store body spray. So, ymmv.

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

off topic, but I have to ask... what's a bikini bar?
    I like the faint trail as someone passes...just enough to make you look around, if you liked it...

14. psychedelicized

psychedelicized Member

I use the kiss my face deoderant as well...when I remember to use deoderant that is... it smells spandiferous!

15. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I'm not into patchouli at all. It usually makes me nauseous. I do wear & love sandalwood, musk, tea tree etc. It does smell good on some people & some people it's just like "WTF?" It is definitely the cliche hippe scent though.

16. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Woops Eryn is signed on to my computer. Oh well, Eryn loves patchouli. The previous post is from naturegoddess69.

17. urbangal

urbangal Member

I could care less if its considered "cliche" (whom pays attentions to those anyway??) so long at it gives me good vibes.
    I'm a heavy incense user so any number of smells work their way into my clothes/hair, etcss. My favs are cedar, lavendar, nag chamba, and several high quality (i.e. pricey) india incenses. Golden Amber (smells like amber on steroids WONDERFUL!) is one those smells that just...oh sends me. I keep it as an air freshener for the truck. Its heavily soaked in this little wooden incense box and the heater does the trick; sun does an even better job.

urby

18. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

MMMmm... I do miss incense. Can't burn it around the little ones, but I do love it in other people's houses.

It's a strip club, basically, but no nudity allowed. The one I was in also required a minimum of brazillian bottoms, rather than a thong.

What a strange atmosphere that place had... it was an experience, to say the least.

19. amber

amber Member

hmm... you don't wanna smell like a hippy cuz that's too cliche yet you still look like a stereotypical hippy with your patchwork n hemp n hairy pits...so much for not conforming to the normal hippy standards... anyways, it sounds like you're saying that it's "too hippy" just because you don't like it.

20. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i havnt goten to smell realpatchouli oil, just a candle that was scented that way, an i liked it. well, maybe i have smelled it, i just didnt know that's what it was. where can you get it? i've hed people tell me i should get some before