Patchouli Scent

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lilyrayne, May 11, 2004.

?

Do you like the scent of Patchouli?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. I don't know

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. It doesn't matter to me

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. It's good in some situations but not others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It's only good for medicinal purposes

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

[JOKE]I wouldn't know about it being an aphrodisiac. I mean I'm white so I guess I'll have to find me a honkiedisiac.[/JOKE]

Seriously though I really really like the smell of patchouli. It has never made me feel at all horny though, cuddly yes but not horny.

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Bree, you're not the only one... I love patchouli

3. CelticMuse

CelticMuse Member

I like patchouli and use it quite often , however I usually use it as a basenote and mix it with sandalwood and ylang-ylang when I wear it as a perfume or use it in a bath salt or massage oil.

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Ugh, I don't think there is a woman alive beautiful enough for me to get near her if she smells like Patchouli. Theres a strict no patchouli guidline at my damn house.

5. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

I love Patchouli, even after I lived in Santa Cruz for a few years. I also a big fan of Spikenard, Sandalwood Oil and Lavender.

6. teepi

teepi living my dream

Las tjob I had a woman there about 65 kept telling me I smelled so good so I bought her a bottle just to shut her up...

I love it, always have but yes, less is more.
    Another favorite is Egyptian Musk...

Off topic...Steve Winwood is on Austin City Limits right this minute...Dear Mr. Fantasy....man, I love that song....Oh Yeah BABY!!!!....Bring Me a Higher Love...oooh oh.

7. hiphippie

hiphippie Member

OK .. listen up ...

Patchouli is so so so wrong ... it is so obnoxious.

Sure there are probably two people out there, destined for each other, who like the smell of it and would love to smell it all day .. and I say great ... now go somewhere very far away from me or to the comfort of your own home and smell it together, cos i sure as hell do not want to get wiff of that rank assault on the olfactory system.

Patchouli is one of those horrible scents that you cannot get far enough a way from ... you smell it in the air and you're like "f**k where is that f**king patchouli coming from"

The worst patchouli wearer is a guy who is wearing it to attract a female .. so so so so so lame ... especially if he doesn't really like the smell himself, why not get a freakin personality instead, something we don't have to smell.

This is a hippie forum so you should be tolerant, yeah ? .. but that is what is so wrong about patchouli is that it is so selfish ... hey a-hole i don't want to smell you coming from 20 yards away and have to run out the door .. i was enjoying myself quite happily before you came and stank up the place.

As to the original poster .. thank you for having the decency to show some restraint .. you were right to ask if you'd be wrong to wear it!

I don't know what the hell is up with the poll results but I'll tell you this .. patchouli is probably the single biggest thing to give hippies a bad name in the world.

Did i say I hate patchouli ? .. okay i said it now ...

Finally .. I read quite a few replies about lavender and I'll add to that list .. if you want something herbal then go for that .. otherwise splash out on Gucci Rush or something or just use the crystal and have no bad smells coming off you ... definintely use the crystal ... don't go natural as that is way worse unless you use the sun to kill the bacteria living in your pits every day for at least an hour and wash a lot ... otherwise the crystal is the sh*t.

OK .. that's it ... patchouli no, crystal yes (not friggin patchouli flavored k? we're trying to get rid of offensive odors), lavender = good ...

one last thing whilst we're on the subject of smells ... stop burning sage ok ? ... it smells so amazing when it is not being burned and tastes absolutely delicious, so why not help to keep our ozone layer AND save people from wondering where that awful burnt b.o. is coming from and just leave the poor thing alone.

ok bye.

barnaby.

8. lynsey

lynsey Banned

It's too heavy and gives me allergies.

9. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I like it, as long as it's used lightly.....and not just to cover up body funk.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like the way it smells before it is heat activated
    when it smells like pine needles, not the way it does
    afterward when it smells too floral.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

"I don't know."

I have never smelled it.