patchouli or nag champa body spray type thing

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by lucyinthesky, Apr 24, 2007.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i dig on the oil, but i know someone who knows someone who makes it into a spray...ive been trying to get some with no luck...does anyone here make this? or know how to? or want to give me some at a small or no cost? :rolleyes:

it's so cliche for a dirty dreaded hippie girl to reak of the patch, but i'm just so infatuated with the scent, i want to wrap myself in it!

2. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

well i use the oil...put it in a small spray bottle and mix with lavendar leaves and sage...its the most awesome smelling spray ever!!!!..and yes like u i love the scent myself..i cant get enough, even though the guys i work with tell me i stink...silly boys!!

3. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

www.patchouligarden.com

They have both patchouli and nag champa spray. I don't know the cost offhand, and I haven't actually used either, but I do know they make it.

4. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

they dont ship to canada :(

5. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

just mix some patchouli oil with water......shake it up everytime you use it, spray.......I love patchouli.....use it for deodorant.

6. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

the thing about sprays, is that most of them contain alcohol, which evaporates quickly. i've always opted for the oils over the sprays myself. and mixing it with water would dilute it, which would weaken the smell, and make you use more of it.

7. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

Try spiritveil.com....she is one crafty mama.....I only where her scents....my favorite is her "Superstitions" spray.....she has body sprays, lotions, potions, soaps, bath items, room freshener, etc. and they are all custom blends.....the prices are so nice too! She also has an ebay store....check it out!

8. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

i've been trying to look some recipes up for you. i don't make them, but i do make a lot of body stuff, so i kind of know what direction to go...

the eo + water spray would work as something cheap and easy. like he said, though, just make sure you shake it up every time you use it.

i agree with you on the alcohol, i don't like it in the stuff i use either. i did find a couple recipes for you, but you said cheap or free and there's at least one ingredient in each of them that most people don't have lying around the house. but let me know if you want me to send you a recipe.

if you are looking for a place to buy it from, this sounds like what you're looking for:
    http://www.indigowild.com/shopping/productdetail.cfm?ID=648&catPg=%2Fshopping%2Fzum%5Fmist%5Fbody%5Froom%5Fspray%2Ecfm

ingredients: Purified water, pure essential oil, aloe and vegetable glycerin.

eta: they don't ship to canada.

you could try this place, they have BOTH and do ship to canada, and the price looks reasonable (and no alcohol!), but i've never heard of them.
    http://www.raginggypsy.com/bodyspray1.html

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Herbs and Arts in Denver makes "Hippie Shower" which is EO patchouli tempered with their Earth blend.
    Diluted into water (it's a carrier just as alcohol is without being drying and in Colorado, you do NOT want drying.) and in a spray bottle. I'm sure they'd mail a vial of the oil to CA. Get your own water sprayer.

http://www.herbsandarts.net/herbs/home.htm

Sus can comment on their mail service, I believe.

10. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

i can usually find my p[atchouli really cheap on ebay...i can get 5 ounces of oil for 3 bucks...not too shabby!!

11. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Herbs and Arts has mailed me their Hippie Shower oil and spray to both Pennsylvania and Georgia...came very quickly. It's one of my favorite oils, and the one I use the most. I don't know about shipping to Canada, but they probably would.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

chance to make $$: yeah, John 'll go for it.
    only question is the cash translation: maybe using a charge card will fix that.