Past Life Hippies Unite! ;)

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by lucyinthesky, May 15, 2004.

1. ladymadonna61

ladymadonna61 Member

I was a hippie from birth! I was born in 1961, but trust, if I'd have been born in 1951 I'd have done more to fulfill my hippie dreams and desires than I already have.

2. GanjaPrince

GanjaPrince Banned

THE FREAKING 60s are HERE NOW, JOIN THE PARTY OF ONENESS, OH YEAH, NOW

Hunter S. Thompson is just fucking around, peace and love in las vegas, just playing devil's advocate.

He knows the cosmic joke.

I don't know anything, silly

Do nothing,

Go nowhere

NOW HERE
    FUN!

GET IN!

SURRENDER TO THE NOW!

3. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

My mom always tells me i was born in the wrong era... She was to young to be a hippie, not born until 1960..... She tries to tell people she younger than me... she says she 21 and i must be really old cause im wearing clothes from the 60's.

4. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

i agree but i dont today is more exiciting if you have lots of money ,better built motocross bikes,street bikes, jetski, sport cars etc. but most of this toys are $10.000 to $100.000 most young dont have that kind of money this is were the 60s were superior . even if i had 100 cable channel on my tv back in the late 60s early 70s i would had spent more time out of my house and not watching tv . also your everyday need was much cheaper food was dirt cheap,gas was cheap,you could find an old decent car fairly cheap, citys were smaller traffic was much lighter people were much friendlier most cops were assholes but a joint "pot" weed" did not get you a year in jail like today in most cases either the cop rip it apart or smoked later. in a protest you got your ass beat but then they do the same today if the shove comes to a push. the off springs of the 50s parents "kids" was much larger than today for a few short years what that means is a huge amount of young people were born in the early 50s and mid 50s all growing up in the 60s all at one time .since standard of living was rather cheap having 3 -4 kids was not a problem "mom stay home" food was relative cheap "dad work" by the late 70s parents thought twice about having kids much less 3 or 4 of them. the generation boom came to a stop. only blacks and latins today have lots of kids "most are dumb girls with no brains" but going back to the 60s this made 60s with a large surplus of teens and this was what made the 60s exciting not material things like the late 80s and today are. i dont consider terrorism, lousy music, or the need for a visa or mastercard or a minimum of $200.00 in your pocket to have a little fun exciting. or having the thousands of cops on the streets the FBI,another bunch of other agency not to mention video cameras everywhere as fun. you think woodstock would had been fun if it was done today =NO do you know what it would cost for 3 days of music of real talented bands lets say 14 top metal band , 3 days of food and drinks, then your going to have every cop and every undecover cop they could muster in along with home guard security and they would bust you for anything smoking a joint is bad passing a joint to a minor "17 year old " would get you a life sentence or even label as a pedophile. "for life" i have a fancy computer this day and i had many toys since the early 70s however as more years pass by many of the toys have gotten so expensive they are hard to touch. a young teen still in school or fresh out of school would need a well off parents or a decent pay job to have fun this day since most of the fun comes from material things " todays hippies or the other hippies GANGS is hard to label a gangs as hippies but in many way they are this are a small to large groups of young teens or adults 18+ they party they drink or get stone they have "quote some radical ideas" they steal ,rob,murder ,and fight to death for a city block that dont belong to them anyway "the city owns that" the only thing they have similar to hippies are they are young and stick together however ,stealing ,robing, murder, and forming a elite group remove them as hippies. i hope i made some sense but the way i write is very confusing sometimes, sometimes i dont make any sense at all.

5. SpliffVortex

i feel your pain i was born in 1956 even tho i heard the music going on by the time i was old enough to run around the streets 1971 it was too late i saw a few remaining hippies here around coconut grove in miami they used gather by the park play music "some local band " a few headshops" near by was the hall were jim morrison play and pull is wanker out "well thats what some claim" today miami police well bag you if dont look like you have at least $50.00 in your pocket in that exclusive coconut grove a place for the rich to hang out . but at least i did see great rock bands in early 70s at great prices from alice cooper to quicksilver messenger service at an average of $6.50 for the concert tickets. great bands but less of them did play as late as 1979 after that it got ugly. with the end of the 70s most fairly cheap ways to have fun ended. the economy took a dive ,reagan and his drug wars made it worse. only a few metal bands keept things a bit intresting plus some of the early 80s music , MTV was worth watching if you were lucky to have cable tv. not any more not since the 90s.

6. apple seed

apple seed Member

i want to go back but we are all stuck here. :( but i comletly get you.

love and misspelings, apple seed

7. Clay

Clay Member

I agree completely. I know I was part of the 60's revolution in my past life, and I know that together, we can start it up again. Time is but a state of mind, and the Universe constantly proves it.

8. Bargain Junki

Bargain Junki Member

You hope you were there- and remeber it? Now why would you hope for something like that, haha. ;)

9. meggie4288

meggie4288 Member

I Know What You Mean, Lots Of Times I Feel Just Like You, However I Think We Need To Look At It Like This We Have Something Good To Look Back At And Deep Down We Are Happyer In Our Souls Than They Ever Will Be!!!!!
    Love,
    Meggie

10. SpliffVortex

Gather some friends buy some wine or pot, rent or buy and watch the DVD or VHS of the woodstock concert of 1969 film on a big screen tv thats about as close as youR going to get to the woodstock 1969, a nice surround system would be nice ,turn all the room lights off burn some cool smelling candles relax and wacth . dont let the parents in period. unless they pay for the wine cooler or something.

11. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Hell Yeah! I'm game. I've been feelin the same thing

12. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

It's time for another age of peace, love and flowers... Sometimes I walk down the street and feel it is coming. I can almost see it happening. But it's not! Each day, I get less and less convinced that anything will happen. This time, Babylon won... We may not see anything like the 60's until 2060 :(

Damn, if it just started! I'd take an active part in it, for sure, but I just don't have the initiative to be among the first...

13. SpliffVortex

the goverment is far more powerfull today and with computers your dreams of the 60s are petty far away and the TV brain wash millions into thinking in material things only = good luck.

14. peace_on_earth

peace_on_earth Member

hell know babylon wont win. we all just need to reject babylon in our own way. im hitting the road. some people are "ruining" babylon's money, some people are staging massive peace rallys. do whatever to fight against babylon.peace.

15. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

I think that if all of us actually were born then, then alot of us would take it for granted.

Like we know now how awesome it would be..
    But do you think that you'd actually do everything you say you would now, then?
    Like if the 60's and 70's were all we had known...

I mean, definitely not all of us..but some..

I dont mean to be a bummer :(
    I'd kill for a time machine right about now..
    :)

16. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

That's why we needta focus on bringin it back, rather than dwelling on the past! =)

17. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

i agree, the same power structure is there, the same shit . This time we just have to try to achieve the revolution. It'll be hard cuz almost everybody is materialist and lame, but we can make it.

I don't wanna live back in the 60's , i just wanna meet the hippies and see what failed so we will be able to achieve the revolution...

18. SpliffVortex

ARTIST: Zager and Evans
    TITLE: In the Year 2525

In the year 2525
    If man is still alive.
    If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535
    Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies.
    Everything you think, do and say, is in the pill you took today.

In the year 4545
    Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes.
    You won't find a thing to chew.
    Nobody's gonna look at you.

In the year 5555
    Your arms hanging limp at your sides.
    Your legs got nothing to do.
    Some machine doing that for you.

In the year 6565
    Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife.
    You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too.
    From the bottom of a long glass tube. Whoa-oh

In the year 7510
    If God's a-comin, he oughta make it by then.
    Maybe he'll look around himself and say.
    Guess it's time for the judgment day.

In the year 8510
    God is gonna shake his mighty head.
    He'll either say.I'm pleased where man has been.
    Or tear it down and start again. Whoa-oh

In the year 9595
    I'm kinda wonderin if man is gonna be alive.
    He's taken everything this old Earth can give.
    And he ain't put back nothing.Whoa-oh

Now it's been ten thousand years
    Man has cried a billion tears.
    For what he never knew,
    now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night.
    The twinkling of starlight.
    So very far away.
    Maybe it's only yesterday.

In the year 2525
    If man is still alive.
    If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535 {fade}

19. smilefriends

smilefriends Member

although i am still young, i am very into astral projection, and since the age of 12 have been working on progressing my skills in that area.

i have seen my akashic records, and i have seen some events from my past lives quite clearly while in astral travel.

one of my biggest beliefs before i had this experience is that i felt like i really was from the 60's, and thats where i belong.

seeing that in my past life i was in fact from either the 60's or 70's, that part wasnt very clear to me, was like a dream come true.

everything was just easier, it felt like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders as i walked down a random street.

everyone was kind to eachother and everyone else was kind in return.
    it was one of the greatest experiences of my life, and i hope from seeing this someone else will try it and have the same luck i have.

peace&love
    sean

20. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

in my past life i was born in 1951 ..i hung out with the cool crowd and attended concerts and had loads of fun ..i was anti establishment and ....wait a minute ..i WAS born in 1951..lol.yes those were great times and no not all of us have sold out..still think and act like i did in the 60s ..have matured a bit but chalk that up to experience in life.whatever you look for my friends i hope you find it .............I DID