Past Life Hippies Unite! ;)

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by lucyinthesky, May 15, 2004.

1. element7

element7 Random fool

Oh man. I was born on MLK day which is now celbrated on Monday, regardless of the real day besides who knows, it's just a day. I'm convinced I was a spider once. I can't bear to see them die. Many people freak out and squish em. Not in my presence, I'll bitch and complain. Long live the barbarians. Grrrrrrr. I love you. Let us weep over flowers in our sight while butterflies make their might in storms.

2. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

Anyway, I got to see first-hand young, innocent men dying for a fake cause. The horrifying thing I saw wasn't JUST the dying, yet the insistence from them, their family members, etc...that the Iraq war was worth fighting for for one reason...because if it wasn't, those men would have died in vain.

How terrible a position to be in[/QUOTE]I read an article about how the taking of a life causes psychological trauma for the soldiers. It said that they can sit around joking about how they had one of their own legs blown off, but when you ask them a question about how they killed someone, a dreadful silence and a bowed head is all you get. Fuck. This shouldn't have to happen. And the families try their best to make sense out of the death and think being 'patriotic' will make it all ok.
    If your husband is in the navy, that's cool if it is his choice and none of us should judge that. I wish him well and hope he is safe and doesn't have to hurt anyone or anything by doing his job. Let's just to try WAGE PEACE with a passion from now on.

3. LaurelBayTree

LaurelBayTree Senior Member

those who meditate...remember to meditate on peace...our world needs it now more than ever. by the way it might have been on this forum or some other one where someone suggested bringing back the SDS what do you guys think?

4. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

what's the sds?

5. LaurelBayTree

i forget what it stands for...students something or other....

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was born in 1954. Could I be a past-life beatnik? A reincarnation of a beatnik who died in 1953? Was I hanging out in Greenwich Village, playing bongos or a sax, getting high and drinking lots of coffee? Did I protest the Korean War?

Hey, I once grew a goatee!

This would explain a lot!

7. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

SDS = Students for a Democratic Society

8. LaurelBayTree

thanks man! by the way...i dig your screen name. i saw some purple sage herbs at the farmer's market the other day. i plan on going to buy some before the snow comes. peace and love everyone :)

9. seda-azul8

seda-azul8 Member

certainly..aye,aye..! Sometimes I get depressed with this generation..I can't believe I actually came here for a life..It must be some pretty damn good reason..'cause never in my right mind or my soul's mind would I pick to come here..But I did..we all pick our lives see..I look like I belong in the 60's..

I think like it..act like it..its so much more,my style..That isnt all I ever think about it,but its always there..in my mind..I mean you could go to hayt ashbury anytime of day..in the 60s and strike up a conversation with someone about any type of philosophy, or any type of anything..free love, free music, free living,free-dom..Freeness..It just grooves there.There is this magic about the 60s..some kind of thing that is indescribeable.
    A lot of most things are better there..the music..the blues..Art..
    jim morrison,jimi hendrix,janis joplin..

God..what did I do to deserve to live here..in this generation?..
    My heart swells to go back there..I yearn..I try to astral project to leave my body and go there,but that doesnt go over so well..

Sometimes I even contemplate suicide.just so I could go back to the 60s..

Someone wanna go with me..lol?

10. LaurelBayTree

Do you guys get depressed sometimes because you feel out of place? I sometimes do...but I try not to let it get me down.

11. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

deperessed.....yeah....kinda too strong of a word tho. More along the lines of lost.

12. LaurelBayTree

yeah...i know what that is....lost....hubby and i are moving trying to find out what more is out there than here in raleigh...

13. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

I would love to go back, even though I was there before. But you guys are the lucky ones, because you get to do it better than we did. You get to learn from our mistakes. You have a tougher, smarter, more deceiptful enemy. But you get to remember, with your soul, the vibe we had back then.
    In your minds it is idealised, and that's just how it should be. You are holding up our original vision, and seeing it brighter and clearer than we ever did. Really!
    So long as you hold to that vision, you CAN make a difference. It is what we all yearn to do, but we can't scatter all that energy and throw it away by focusing it on the past. It has to be held in the forefront of the Now. It is to be lived today and tonight. It has to be a coming together of like minds, just like we all are here.
    Never lose sight of it, because your thoughts and what you imagine in your mind's eye, is CREATIVE ENERGY. What you think about most every day is what you create. It is inescapable. I love you for your commitment to peace and love and the beauty of our Beingness. Many blessings to you all...

14. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

GOING BACK

By THE BYRDS

I think I'm going back
    to the things I learned so well in my youth
    I think I'm returnin' to
    Those days when I was young enough to know the truth

Now there are no games to only pass the time
    No more electric trains, no more trees to climb
    But thinking young & growin' older is no sin
    And I can play the game of life again

I can recall the time
    When I wasn't ashamed to reach out to a freind
    Now I think I've got
    A lot more than just my toys to lend

Now there's more to do than watch my sailboat glide
    And everyday can be a magic carpet ride
    A little bit of courage is all we lack
    So catch me if you can I'm going back

15. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

i'm lost without you. :(

16. seda-azul8

seda-azul8 Member

and well I cant speak for y'all..but I can say that I do get somber and all,cause I don't belong here..And I can see it clearly..none that are like me..reside here..
    it's this whole new,vibe thing..And I really dont dig the vibes here..in this whole generation..the 2000's..or whatever..

17. seda-azul8

seda-azul8 Member

yea..I hear you..all I am is lost..and dazed,really..
    when I tell others that the 60s were my previously lifetime..they either laugh at me, condescend me, humor me or blow me off..
    and it sucks..and is an utter drag..
    why wont no one believe me?.. i think its obvious..that I was there..
    and so what if there is no "scientific..technical.. information".. who cares--?
    it is so clear and right and sensible to me.. like--solid.. to me..

and I can see it..for you lucy,and ya'll..
    so if it makes ya feel any better..I believe you were there too..
    even tho i dont really know you..who cares--?..
    its still my thoughts goin' out there..and stuff..
    so I do..believe..man..

and I ..
    I think that everything ended after 1971..

18. LaurelBayTree

I feel happy to know of this thread. This lets us all express our selves and our dreams of a better future. Been feeling out of place again lately...but I turn on some Beatles and Dead and Dylan and more and I am shining with the sun again.

Any of you guys watch the Yellow Submarine?

19. flowerchild89

flowerchild89 Member

i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels that way! i was trying to figure out how to say that i would do anything to live back then without sounding like a weirdo, but you explained how i feel perfectly. ive read stories of people whove gone to woodstock, and theyve said things like "it was more than a concert, it was the bonding of half a million people spiritually, mentally, and physically" and "there can never be anything like it ever again" and i know that's true. I just wish with all my heart I could go back to the 60's, when people wouldn't look at me strangely for not wearing shoes or not brushing my hair. i know there were lots of bad things happening then too, but the pros weigh more than the cons.

20. LaurelBayTree

All we are saying is give peace a chance....

:)
    Hope you all are having a wonderful day. Here is a picture of my kitty. Smile and laugh for he is silly.