Past Life Hippies Unite! ;)

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by lucyinthesky, May 15, 2004.

1. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

I really love and appreciate all of you...and I know exactly how you feel.
    The truth is, many of you probably were reincarnated from lives that were somehow cut short in or after the sixties.
    Hey, we needed you guys to carry the vibe forward this time around, and that's exactly what you are doing. You carried your passion beyond the grave and you are bringing it back as a loving gift from the Universe to Itself. More power to you!
    By all means, yearn for it, the past you love, but yearn enough to make it happen all over again. Live it! Live it now!
    Become enlightened in your own way; open yourself up to wonder and creativity; honor the Earth Mother; love people enough to bring down the structures that use and abuse them. Stop them killing young people and poor people in meaningless wars that are all about someone else's greed. Speak up, speak out, be a pain in the ass if you need to. Stick it to the Man!
    The sixties was about breaking free. And you can do that - you don't need drugs to do it. Get high on life and keep reaching out to other people. Do crazy, kind and unexpected things to make life easier for somebody else - when you take people by surprise, you can sometimes wake them up!
    Don't be afraid to love, afraid to feel, afraid to be vulnerable. Lead with your heart...
    "Stay young, just this once....I want a thing of value...I want to see in the dark...I want to win with you" (INXS)
    Love you all heaps,
    Goddess OM

2. burkie

burkie Member

I love you.

3. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

From the sixties, many changed and went on to work hard and make money, others remained wasteful and idulgent with drugs, others became
    involved with cults, and remained there. Some married another hippies and raised children, others became seriously involved with easter religions and yoga, while others became part of the new age movement.

Others who had ran away, went back to their parents by free will, and others were emotionally forced to. Many died of od.

I didn't read about this... I witnessed most, and some of these were things I did. I always thought that those who died, let's say 1969 or 1975, would come back as children of hippie couples that had given up in some way, or continued in their path.

No one can say exactly what a hippie is, because the world changes so much, and people live through an experience and try other experiences, but what is practical remains.

Too much care for the hair is not practical, wearing uncomfortable clothing either. Being a paid murderer of other people in their own country is against logical morality.

Thinking for yourself is the only hip thing to do.

4. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

awww...i love you too

5. LaurelBayTree

LaurelBayTree Senior Member

So is it possible that some of us knew each other in the sixties, were related, lovers, or just best friends and now that we are reincarnated to different parts we no longer know that person? I believe I have found a friend I probably knew sometime during the sixties. We have never fought and seem to mesh perfectly. What rainbow of possiblitlies are there?

6. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I believe in re-incarnation, and it's possible some of the people here who live the lifestyle are re-incarnated.

For example, me and Lucy in the sky have basically the same aspirations, including buying a van and crusing the world, so is it possible we were friends in the past?

7. Gerva

Gerva Member

I agree with newo and lucyinthesky's second post.

Until the age of 18 i used looking back at the 60s too, as if it was the best possible world, then you have to think that was just a flash-light amongst the darkness. Well, all of us look at it utterly fascineted ( me too of course) and automatically believe that those times were the best ever..but that(hippy movement) was just a branch of the society, the frontguard likewise. The rest was quite tough i guess.
    So all of us (unborn before 80s)wish we lived in that period..but probably our wish for real would be like one of you wrote..just to experience it..feeling that atmosphere..fortunately in this site we have some great 50 years old hippies who can tell us how it did feel, at least..

8. LaurelBayTree

were we put back here because mother earth's identity was in need of a voice? i mean looking at our society today sometimes i feel so weak against the negativity, but i know my voice can make a difference.

9. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

I used to think I was the reincarnation of some young person from the 60s who died a tragic death. I don't know what my stance is now, but it's quite possible. I'm not sure whether I believe in reincarnation but some of the cases I've read about spin me out.

10. StonedAngel

StonedAngel Member

Wow..I didn't know anyone else had that same feeling about the 60's as i do.I really feel like i've been there and done that, and i'd do anything to go back in time for a day. When i was really little (before i even knew the meaning of the word "hippie") I used to tell my parents things about the 60's..i can't really think of an example right now, but it was really weird things that there's NO way a 4 or 5 year old could know. Thanks for making me feel less alone. :)

11. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

Beautiful Young Hippies,

It does my heart good to know you are here and you came back into earth life with awareness of the past and what your purpose is now. It is perfect.
    You are the second wave of us...and I could somehow 'feel' you all coming of age and coming into your time in the last year or two.
    And isn't the Universe amazing...bringing you here while us oldies are still around to help you remember, to inspire you, and to give you all of our best love and blessings.
    Do not focus too much on the negativity, except to acquaint yourself with it...do not let it overwhelm you. See it, then act in a positive way to change it. Do not be dragged down into it's spiral.
    Do not think it is all about numbers, like you (1) against the millions. What it is all about is doing what you can with what comes before you, day by day.
    It is making life better for one person, on one day...performing one action that maybe seems to make just a tiny difference on one day...and knowing that it eventually spreads out like a giant ripple to touch everyone.
    Your positive energy, your blessings, your actions...expand...and do make a difference. What you think today will still be here in the ethers of the earth plane for millennia to come!
    Remember, your point of power is in the present moment. Accept your power, imbue your actions with spiritual energy, compassionate motivations, imagine you are a bright point of light with unlimited power and potential (for surely that is the truth).
    Many Bright Blessings of Peace & Love,
    Goddess Om

12. LaurelBayTree

thank you for those touching words, goddess. i am 21 and just beginning to experience all this new postive flow within me. my husband, love, my soulmate feels the same and we look forward to passing it on to our children who in turn will be able to stand, holding hands with their brothers and sisters across the world instead of picking up a gun. peace and love sister.

13. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

That's beautiful! If only people could understand and embrace the concept of Oneness...then they could not harm anyone or anything, and feel only kinship with one another. I am so happy you plan to share this with your children. They will save the earth.
    Bright Blessings to you all...

14. LaurelBayTree

Thank you sister goddess. I will. I sometimes feel like the others do...I am supposed to be somewhere else. Hubby and I are moving to Asheville in May which from what I heard is a predonimately hippie communal circle, even if capitalism has started invading there. the truthfullness is somewhere. I am hoping to find a place there to settle down and begin a story all my own. Peace and Love sister.

15. livingwater

livingwater Member

(Asheville def is cool. I can't wait to visit again.) But about the 60's as a pastlife- I too, have wondered about being there. I think I was and that is why it all came back to me. I was born in '83-and was not raised in an environment that would even promote the attitude I have and hold true today.
    I did not get it from my background raising, the majority of my friends or the community I grew up in. There came a time that I began thinking-with all the ideas and more questions than answers...Around that time- I was wandering on one of the downtown streets of my town and saw this cool,bohemian, interesting shop. I desired to go inside and I did. There I met this girl with cascading hair down her back, wearing hippy garments inhaling the incense all around me and observing she had a
    n attractive yet unshaven armpit. I observed her,listened to her thoughts/ ideas and created some of my own. Little by little, I began to feel at home in me.
    I was becoming liberated
    in a gentle, simple yet profound way...And it all s
    eemd so familiar.
    There is something about the "hippy" era of the 60's and 70's that is very natrual and real. The "hippy" era is living and thriving for those who identify it within their spirits. Maybe we were there.I feel like I am constantly out of place in society's view. I feel like there is very few of us out here left. The worls is becoming more and more chaotic without a thought about slowing down, relaxing,reflecting and thinking about what really matters. That is what I think when I see how society is and what the world is shaping into and what we have left. But- we do have each other...
    If we are from this chosen era-our gift is to carry the torch so it will not go out. Some hippies have changed and sold out
    along the way, some have died (I.E. Jim Morrison-even though he Lives Eternal),some are still with us...
    Peace,Joy & Understanding

16. LaurelBayTree

Is it possible to be reincarnated into the past? Okay we are living in the 21st century, but if you died and were reincarnated would is be possible to be reborn again in like the sixties? I have always been curious about that.

17. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

the first time i started getting in to this hippie lifestlye was when i first saw all the people protesting the war in iraq on tv. it reminded me of all the protests of the sixties and i was just joking around saying that i was going to become a hippie. i didn't really know much what a hippie was so i decided to go to the main site and look it up. and i as i was reading the definition i reallized that this was alot of the beliefs that i have. the quotes about freedom expecially the ones that jim morrison said i identifyed with. so i started reading more stuff on the internet, read some books and am now all most fully saturated in this. growing up in the caribbean i have, i now realize, known a lot of hippies and ex-hippies, mostly friends parents or friends of my parents.

18. penguin

penguin Member

I was at school in the 60's ,and pretty much a full blown hippie.I lived in a commune,had no job and just hung out from middle of '67 onwards.There will never be another time like it.It was a time that changed a lot of people forever.....

19. LaurelBayTree

Let the sun shine in from the past for we are all one!

20. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Member