Past Life Hippies Unite! ;)

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by lucyinthesky, May 15, 2004.

1. Crush

Crush Member

It is true, You create your future. If you want things to be more like the past, you should work for that (working my ass off here) The thing is. If you look at this forum, there are like pretty much hippies so if you would like some woodstock again. Just arrange it and post it, and you'll have a big change you'll meet every forum dude capable of coming. (girls too, most of the time I call everybody dude :rolleyes: )

Also there's another post out here on the forum wich tells stuff about horizontal thinking instead of vertical. Wich means you don't see your fammilly as in your father, mother, brother. But that including all of your friends, even neighbours or strangers. Be open and kind, I think that will show other people how cool that is and it might inspire them to also be more open and kind. I try to do this, although it is hard work, and I'm so not there yet, but I'm trying!

It involves changing yourself too of course since you always have the problem of how much society has had effect on you. (in means like being one of the not open minded people) And that has to change, but it can only happen when you realised it.(yes it's compicated)

Now, I suppose you do have to keep count of other (is that a right expresion?) You know, not like sit in a crouded park, totally naked with a stereo next to you playing jefferson airplane at it's most loudest. That will have a negative effect. Just let people get to know you and show them your way of live. If they like you, they might just go and be more cool ;)

wooow, i diddn't even knew I knew all this, just some inner part I suppose :D

Just have fun, get to know new people, be more like you want to be and live like it. That was the original message I believe

2. redflip

redflip Member

...by questioning everything! Why is it right that our (U.S.) young men and women are dying in a foreign country? Why is it okay for big business to be corrupt and nobody wants to blow the whistle? Why are we 'unpatriotic' if we question what G.W. does? Why are people afraid to take to the streets in demonstration to protest? Why?

You want to relive the 60's! Turn off the t.v., go out to the park, the quad, whereever and share your ideas, your music, your love, your emotions, and most of all, yourself!

Peace!

3. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I agree; I think in a past life I was a hippie as well.

I've always been different from everyone else, always had different thoughts, different values, always been involved in protesting always found the war to be wrong, and I'm basically obsessed with anything involved with the sixties and seventies.

Especially the music. I feel basically out of place everywhere, almost as if I don't belong here.

I'm with you lucyinthesky. Right on.

4. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Damn lucy in the sky, it's like you're taking my thoughts.

I agree with her. Sure there was the kent state massacre, the draft, the vietnam war, inflation, the low economy, civil rights movement, rioting, BUT I would have loved to experience it either way as lucyinthesky said. I still feel out of place regardless.

5. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I was the guy who got ran over at Woodstock...

6. WhatIs

WhatIs Member

but it was this one!

I was fortunate enough to grow up in the sixties. The predominant messages for those tuned-into the counterculture were good ones.

I can sum it up by saying it was about spirituality over materialism.

You can take the same path today, but you have to fight harder to break away from the consumerism that has truly become the religion of America.

Peace.

7. kwicksandiv

kwicksandiv Member

;) What a great thread indeed! Oh those were the days my friend I though they'd never end. I grew up as a youngster in the 60's and became a teen in the 70's. Those times were carefree for me. Watching Rowen and Martins Laugh In, The Brady Bunch and Love American Style. No computers, cable TV or cell phones. I grew up in Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie so we had lots of camp fires on the beach. Trips to the parks were endless and going to concerts was must....Moody Blues, Niel Young, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Zepplin, The Who, and so on. Those times for me did not include a house payment, bills or my 2 beautiful teenage sons (15 & 18) times were simple for me then. the memories are precious! The sky seemed bluer and the lake seemed calmer. Sunsets were more intense. But then I had the time to be care free 24/7. Going to the icecream stand and buying a cone for a quarter and sitting on a bench that over looked the lake....ahhh it all was good.

It is so great that all the younger people on the site are so interested in that time. My 15 year old is also. He loves the music from that time, he says that it was the original and the first time it was being done. I feel very blessed to be born at the time I was. But if you weren't make this your time for being carefree. Enjoy the scenery around you and do simple things. Go in the woods and build a campfire and stay mellow as long as you can.;)

8. Crush

Crush Member

That's a good advice! Just do some stuff and be care free :)
    BTW your son is totally right about the music. Most music from the '60s are really nice, new and timeless. Much better than all the dance and trance crap there is nowadays. There's much more technice of playing the instrument involved, I like that :)

9. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Member

there is no doubt in my mind that i would go back and live in a different decade if i could. i absorb every aspect i can about the 60's 70's, reading book to watching movies, and of course almost everything i listen to is 30+ yrs old. Sometimes i feel like i am the only youngster who misses those times i never lived. the people i know dont really care to much for the past (other than the fact drugs were a big social influence) kind of makes a feel alone. :cool: but i suppose all n all theres no much of a point in wishing like that,

10. Terra

Terra Member

I am more than sure about my pastlife in 50s-80s. I always was interested in hippies, Woodstock and general 60s-70s, even when I was much younger and knew almost nothing about reincarnation. I remember how few years ago there used to be a commercial on German music channel of some Woodstock CDs compilation and they showed some parts from Wodstock. I swear I would move closer to TV and watch it very closely when it was on TV! Some time later I found more information about reincarnation and became very interested. I started to point attention to my likes/dislikes, fascinations and fears. Later I did self-hypnosis for several times, I also meditated. After that memories started coming to me. Once when I did self-hypnosis I found out out that I was 35 years old in 1986, so that means I was born in 1951. About a week ago I heard Beatles' She Loves You on a radio and something like : "How old was I then?" came to my mind, I realised I was 12. I checked on the internet and this song was released as a single on 1964 January. It all makes perfect sense! I also remember that I was on a road trip in 1977 summer.
    I also remember two more pastlives.

11. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

guys, the same thing is happening now. right now, we've just starting fighting an unjust war that will continue indefinitely. we're living in a culture of pre-processed crapped-out marketing scams that do no more than rot the mind and line the collective corporate pocket. people are starting to realise this and want to do something about it. sound familiar? to quote a great man, "the times they are a changin."

12. PeaceLuvinHippieTaz

PeaceLuvinHippieTaz Member

I too was raised in the 60's. Besides the counterculture, families still ate together, played together and prayed together. There were the care-free times and then our friend's and family members came back from Vietnam and our picture perfect world's were shattered. I knew many that never made it back but the ones who did painted an ugly picture of "outside of the fishing bowl". It was a rude awakening for us-the next generation of hippies. I know, that is why at 17, I went to Mexico with a anti-war, anti-society group. There was around 20 of us to start and ended with 14 of us living in Ensanada. We took turn's going to San Diego for a few weeks and working at stores or fast food places. Living was very cheap. We studied different religion's and governmet policies, laid on the beach and dreamed of world peace. Several times a year we went to S.F for peace rally's and hippy fest's. Those were day's of celebrating and preserving life and finding our purpose in the whole thing. I have to say they were the best times of my life.

13. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

i know what you mean. i have always felt out of place in the present. at least i know there are others that know how i feel!

14. NODRAMAMAMA

NODRAMAMAMA Member

I hear what you saying about going back in time, but being a BLACK(not african)AMERICAN well.. to say the least it really didn't get all that good for us until roughly around the 80's(70's were alright sorta) but hey the 80's were cool. I'd go back.

15. granola.kiss

granola.kiss Member

I think I was born in the mid-forties.

In the late fifties, at 16, I left home to join the beat scene in New York. I spent nights hopped up on bennies in small, dark jazz clubs, listening to poets rap through a haze of smoke & alcohol.

In the early sixties, I traveled cross-country to the Haight-Ashbury district, before anyone else did & experimented with LSD & revolution. I protested the war on the grounds of Berkeley.

In the late sixties or early seventies, when I was in my 20s, I moved to a small but beautiful self-sustained Oregon commune to live off the earth with like-minded people.

After a few years, I moved back to New Jersey to reunite with my family, married, & raised four beautiful children in an atmosphere of peace & tolerance.

In the late seventies, I died a tragic death, but I had lived a full life & died knowing I had fulfilled my reason for existing; to live beautifully, advocate peace & love, & pass these values onto a new generation.

In 1981, I was reborn into who I am today.

[Or, well, thats what I like to believe happened.]

mad love,
    cortnee

16. Pablo

Pablo Member

I think people just say they were what they want to have been. Why would you all have been hippys and then be hippys again now? Theres no flow, reason, or balance in that.

17. DandelionPrincess

DandelionPrincess Member

^hehe, yea, you guys need variety like the past Billy the Kid over here:p

18. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I am pretty sure I was born in 1973. I would hate to have been a hippie and then died in time to be reborn in 73.

19. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

ok i've got a question. if the children are the future and all the young people in the 60's were like what they were then how the fuck did the world turn out like this today?

well as has been stated previously was alot of trouble in the world in the 60's so i think that its not going back in time its trying to bring that mentality that people had into the world today. and the way to get to people is through the media. but that is so corrupt that no one will go near that so were stuck.

20. DandelionPrincess

DandelionPrincess Member

lots of ppl say i'm a 50's girl b/c i love hula-hooping and cream soda...a decade off but does that count? :p