Past Life Hippies Unite! ;)

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by lucyinthesky, May 15, 2004.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

After posting this "I definitely know i did! [​IMG] There is no way my soul was made to live in today's world. Every waking day i dream about having lived in the 60s. I would do anything to be able to go back...everything was so much more appreciated, i think, and i look at people today, especially young adults my age, and they know nothing of what it is to appreciate...they're all too busy getting drunk and banging as many people as they can." in a previous thread, i noticed i received a couple of replies from people who heartacheingly wish they could go back in time.

I just wanted to hear from other people who seriously, truely believe they were a part of the 60s in a past life. I really think I was and it pains me every day that i can't go back. I just don't feel like i belong in this decade and it's becoming depressing! lol...Anyone else feeling the same?? :confused:

2. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I feel the exact same way.
    I sure hope I was at Woodstock '69 ;)

3. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

You took the words out of my mouth. I never felt like I really fit into today's world. I was always behind on the times and was never really comfortable. The music of the 60s had always been a part of my life since I was little, but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I really began to learn about the 60s. I beleive in reincarnation and I am positive that I lived in the 60s in my past life. Everything I love says so. The Music, the beleifs, the clothes, the people. It would be my dream to go back... I know you can't dwell in the past, but I wish i could. That is why i am dedicated to trying to change the world. Maybe one day we can live amongst people who are loving and caring the way they were from our past lives.

4. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

It seems quite a few of us believe ourselves to have been a part of the 60's even if we weren't actually born until the 80's. I certainly feel it.

5. kilted2000

kilted2000 Member

I to feel like I was a hippy in the 60's. I imagine hippy groups sitting in the middle of the quad at my college.

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was there, and once again I see people who tend to look at the past through rose-colored glasses. The 60s had its dark side.The same year we had Woodstock we had Altamont. Big Sur and Haight-Ashbury were a great scene for awhile, but they became overrun with bikers, junkies and others who ruined it. The Vietnam War seemed that it would never end; and there were riots, civil strife, and the ever-present fear of nuclear annhilation.

Don't get me wrong, it was a time of great change and I'm glad I was a part of it, but if you could go back in time you'd quickly realize that for everything you've gained you've also lost something.

7. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

I do realize that things were not perfect. Things have never been perfect and times then were as strange and crazy as times now. I just feel something inside of me that says I was there to experience all the good times and bad. I want to live it again anyway.

8. lucyinthesky

that's exactly what i was going to say. I think of the bad things too, and i would have liked to just had the full experience. but i do understand your point ;)

9. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

i was richard nixon in my past life

10. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

i believe we look at the 60s as a place where we could fit in. We can look back because it's already been done, so we look at the crazy stuff that went on and wish we could experience it for ourselves. I'm obsessed with the whole decade and believe that if time could turn back, I for one wold def go back. Today, I feel like an outsider because I don't fit in anywhere. It's just so different and hard to relate at times. I believe that with the passion of the 60s, we all had some point lived it even if we were born in the 80s. It's all quite surreal if you really think about it.. but I guess this life now isn't as amazing as if it was the 60s. However, I think that if I really did live in the era, would I really go into the whole hippie scene not knowing what we know now?

11. lucyinthesky

you probably would have had to have been a lot more gutsy to be a hippie back then then now, because of all the discrimination against the counter culture and all that jazz. i know i woulda still chosen to do the same :)

12. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Oh yeah i would go back to the 60's in a heartbeat!! it would be so differnt though, without lots of TV and computer (two things that I'm tottaly use too..sad) but , i would love to be there. i wish i could go back there, KNOWING the things that I do now. I don't really beileve in past-lifes, but i think they are kinda interesting. and if i DID beileve in them, i would think that I lived in the 60s in a past life. I have got so wrapped in todays living, i just want to get out of it. I'm also obsessed about this decade, i always read about it on the internet or rent books from the library. I hope someday soon we can all get together and make the whole thing happen again....this time its for us!

13. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

All this I wish I was in a different time stuff is just a desire for radical ideas in your life. Be a revolutionary like me and take some stands for something you believe in. Don't be afraid to speak out. The government only ha as much control as we give them.Todays world is way more exciting than the 60's ever were just ask someone who was there Peace.

14. Crush

Crush Member

Hmmmm, I would like to go there, but I supposse more on a vacation, just be there for a year or so and have a good time. Since there is a chance that when you're standing there you're more like:"wow, nice, is this it" I mean I really feel like it, it would be cool and all. But isn't everything made more romantic then it was. There was a lot of crisis too, lot of riots, protests and not only sitting in the park with some friends smoking pot and listing to the beatles. I suppose there was a good chance your parents kinda disliked you for being al weird and on drugs and all, and have lots of fights with them.

You can desperalty try to go back to the 60's or make your own. If you want to protest, just do it. Hang out with you friends in the park bare feeted. Eventually you'll convince people it is cool, not all people have a mind as close as a, uhm i dunno what extually, but a lot of people are open minded so... And if I look around a lot of people are intrested in the 60's. I suppose it will come back, but it won't be completely the same. There is lot's of reason for it anywayz. You have this stupid war, peoples head get chopped off, prisiners being mistreated. There will be a point the where the people will say:"fuck you with the war man, we wanted you to stop, now look what you did, everything's fucked up" And it will all be reborn

At least that's what I like to think..... :rolleyes:

15. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I like to think I was born in the wrong generation, too. But when I sit and REALLY give it some thought, I think the only reason why I would want to go back to the 60s is so I could experience The Beatles. Other than that, as a black female living in the United States, I can safely say I'd have no desire to actually live in the 60s. I'm pretty sure you all know why. ;)

Everything I love about the 60s hippy movement (peace, love, and happiness), I can strive to acheive in this day and age. :)

16. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

What a great thread. I was there and there are times when I wish I could go back.

It was a time when a doorway opened. I believe that crack in the continuum of time was a doorway to a higher existence. The message was love. I felt it back then and I believe that the door is still open.

We wanted to build a new society and live off the land. For a very short the bohemian culture became a part of the pop culture. It was cool to be different. We were looking for more than society had to offer. We were looking for freedom. You romanticize about the sixties- we romanticized about the Wild West. Maybe because there were no rules.

Today there are huge new challenges. You have another unjust war, an insane president, a deteriorating environment, loss of freedom, and you don’t necessarily have the support of your peers.

I think Crush has the right idea. Get a few guitars and go to the park. If no one is looking, go skinny-dipping in a river, but just have fun.

I wrote about my experiences maybe you could do the same. You never know what will come out of it.

17. lucyinthesky

What a great response. There are many things i want to do to revive the enthusiasm, envolvement and movement against todays huge new challenges, and i cant wait! by the way, I put your book on my birthday list a few weeks ago actually!!!! :D

18. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

Happy Birthday, lucyinthesky :)

Peace

19. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Exactly man! That's exactly what I am doing and trying to do. We can live it ourselves. The time is right!!!

20. Pablo

Pablo Member

why would you want to go back in time? the future still holds the posibility to be any way, and you might as well look to it because its what you have to work with.