Party monster

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mirandia, Jun 9, 2006.

1. mirandia

mirandia Member

I don't even know what catgory this movie falls into butr it's the weirdest thing
    I have ever seen. It's beyond bizzar. If anyone else has seen it please let me know because it feels like i dreamed the whole thing on a bad trip.

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

First this movie really isn't that weird. Reality to a certain scene with slight exageration. M. Culkin went through similar things in the rave scene.

In any case, I was disapointed by the movie. Not to say it sucked but I expected more.

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

worst movie I had the displeasure of watching. period.

4. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

great movie, its actuly based on the life of michael alig, james st james wrote the book the movie was based on, so its pretty true, seth green as james st. james was so awesome

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

it was interesting but not all that great

I do wanna read Disco Bloodbath a little though

6. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

I really enjoyed Party Monster. I loved the characters and the costumes. I too would like to read Disco Bloodbath now...:p

7. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I don't remember thinking it was fantastic or anything but it was good. :)

8. fancythat47

fancythat47 Member

i saw that movie. and i loved it. when i first heard about it i wasnt sure what to expect. but after watching it i actually really enjoyed it. hah

9. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

I thought it was good, and, based on a TV documentary I saw, M. Culkin channels Michael Alig with amazing accuracy. But the script wasn't very tight, the supporting cast is uneven, and I got the feeling that the directors didn't provide a lot of direction. Still I thought it was solid, like maybe 3 of 5 stars.