Parking

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by PlasticFace, Jun 19, 2006.

1. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

Any1 know any good places to park in Amsterdam? By good I mean somewhere thats cheap(or even free), somewhere the car won't get stolen or broken into and my final wish is somewhere you can park and not get towed away. I don't think this place exists but if any of you good people know different please let me know.

2. bigloui96

bigloui96 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hmm best bet is to avoid driving into the centre.
    A few hotels, the more expensive sort sometimes offer Parking permits.

I lifted this off the net for you
    Parking
    Parking in the garages of Bijenkorf (Dam) is available for up to 487 cars. The rates are following: the first 3 hours 1,40 per 30 minutes; one hour before and one houre after the store opening EUR 1,60 per 30 minutes; then EUR 1,40 per 30 minutes which is also a night rate.

This is for Bijenkorf departmen store on Dam square, I dont think you are going to find free parking in amsterdam, whenever i go i see tonnes of cars with clamps on.

Im sure some of the dam regulars like koopa might know of some places.

3. Larry

Larry Member

What you want is the P+R option at::

http://www.bereikbaaramsterdam.nl/live/main.asp?subsite_id=23

For EUR 5.50 per 24 hour period you park in a guarded lot and get 2 roundtrip bus or train tickets to the Centrum. Be sure to follow the rules exactly or you'll get charged the EUR 15 daily rate. I like the lot at Sloterdijk rail station which is only 1 stop away from Centraal Station on the train.

4. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

Cheers fellas.