Parking Lot Scene

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by DarkSideOfTheMoon94, Sep 17, 2015.

1. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

Few questions for the dead heads, are you still organized and nomadic or have you spread out and rejoined normal society? Next question, how do you think it will be during upcoming shows in the parking lot? Ive always wanted to experience all a live dead show has to offer, and am very curious as to what it would be like. Thanks and have a nice day!

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Organized? Like the Grateful Dead Fan Club or something? There never was any organization, just creative anarchy. Good place to find veggie burritos and fake magic mushrooms. Hope you have fun!

(I went to 50 shows, starting in 1973.)

3. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

By organized, i mean still together running around and what not. And i hope it will be a blast!

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There are definitely still people who live the tour rat lifestyle and just follow bands around. All of the Dead related bands that have followed Jerry's death have them. Furthur, Ratdog etc. Although I would say bands that really still tour such as Phish and Widespread Panic have bigger scenes for that. To be a tour rat there needs to a tour. And since a lot of these guys depends on parking lot sales to live their life you need a place people will be. Like the amount of people who followed Furthur is nothing compared to the Dead. And they are the band that in my opinion got the biggest group of old Dead Heads to come to shows.

The amount of partying/party goods you find in the parking lot varies from city to city. Some places are more tolerant then others.

5. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's still very much alive and well. Seriously, try the grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon!!