Parents ~

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Krsna Bhakti, May 16, 2007.

1. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

Well, if i had kids i wouldnt even bring up marijuana or any drugs in any form of discussion until he/she reached the age of say 15. However, if i noticed he/she talking about/engaging in drug use/alcohol use i would talk to them then and there. Basically- when they're 15 or just a reasonable age, i'd say to them "marijuana is illegal, if you want to use it, i'll allow you to do so under my roof, and you must show me the bud first so i can inspect it." (kinda like parents with their kids halloween candy haha!) Then by the time he/she reached age 17, i'd simply tell him/her that i smoke weed (if he/she didnt already know), and i'd tell them that i'm accepting of their choices to either smoke or abstain. Now- if i caught him/her smoking weed before i had any type of discussion about it, i'd simply say "is that marijuana?", grab the pipe, bong, joint or whatever, spark it up and smoke it, pat him/her on the back and piss the pipe or whatever back to him/her and say "welcome to MY world!"

2. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

^
    i'd be pissed if my kids decieved me like that... BUT I did that to my parents... then again, i would like to think that i would have a different kind of relationship with my child(ren) that my parents had with me.

3. cuimilt na gcos

cuimilt na gcos Member

I think being too straight forward like alot of people seem to be saying is a bad idea. o_o

Someone brought up the point of kids telling other kids, those kids telling parents, leading to authorities and all that, and it's the strongest valid point. I mean like, you can let you're kid know about pot, but if it was mine, I wouldn't encourage it. I'd leave the idea of it out in the open for them to decide, not lead them towards any particular side.

At a certain age though, I think a kid can be mature enough for a parent to explain their habits to them, especially at the stage of being a teenage who has a good chance of starting. All I know is when I'm older, if I had a kid who didn't like the idea of me smoking, I'd quit in a heart beat for them.